OMS No-Sag Pockets and D-Ring Access

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I couldn't get more than 10 #'s of weight in the OMS pocket and usually ended up putting a 2# weight in each of the remaining pockets.

I purchased the new DUI weight and trim 2 system. There are two pockets, one per side with a divider inside to adjust your trim. The older system had four pockets, two on each side which could be dumped individually. With the new system, you must dump the entire pouch.

I really like this system, my rig is less cluttered, trim can be adjusted easier, and the weight ditch system is much improved.

Just got to go diving this weekend and dove the OMS pockets. Personally, I did not like them - my waist was too cluttered and bulky. Instead, I have transferred some weight to my tank band straps and the balance is on a neoprene weight belt on my waist. I couldn't access my waist D-rings with the pockets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom