OMS Slipstream Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paddle fins (Jets, Slipstreams, Turtles, Rockets etc...) are not really made for speed, though they are very useful for short bursts. They are stiffer to kick but after some time using them, once you develop the appropriate leg muscles, you wont really notice. You should also learn to maximize the "glide" after the kick which is especially true when frog kicking.

used jetfins before but when i decided to shift to slips, it made life a lot better.. this fin is great for heavy legs, you get better trim out of it (note: very stiff.. if you have strong legs you will be very happy) i wear a size 8 SP 5mm delta boot and fits perfectly with Large slips with M spring strap.

I have XXL (size 12 rockboot), can't say I have noticed any problems with rounded edges whilst standing.

I have been really happy with these up until recently. The short wide paddles are good for tight spaces like under piers and in wrecks where going slow and frog kicking is the order of the day but a long surface swim or into current and you'll be knackered pretty quickly.

One of my buddies with split fins leaves me in his wake on a surface swim.

Strap on some long bladed free-diving fins and you will swim circles past the split fins...

Back
Top Bottom