oms wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you are very brave. not a lot of people would not admit to using a bungeed wing on this forum. thanks for the info.

Last edited:
you are very brave. not a lot of people would admit to using a bungeed wing on this forum. thanks for the info.

i also use an Apeks 60 no bungee. :)

I dive northeast cold water wreck diving. NY/NJ the people I met have a different way of thinking then most people on this forum. ...//...
Truth. We share common roots. We dive underwater junkyards that are rapidly rusting away. None of that stuff belongs down there. It attracts critters, though. I like that part.

I was baptized by Captain Zero (Joe Terzouli) of the John-Jack. Many, many fun dives and I'm pretty sure that he wasn't GUE. You are correct in implying that the NE Mid-Atlantic is HUGELY under-represented on this board.

Right now, I'm attending to unlearning some "bad habits" and getting caves squared away so I can pass as a competent cave diver when I visit N Florida.

So what brings you here, fellow NEaster? :)

you are very brave. not a lot of people would admit to using a bungeed wing on this forum. thanks for the info.
I have at least a thousand dives in an OMS IQ system with the infamous BWOD. I loaned it to a student and never got it back. Nice system. None of the imagined horror stories are true.

Peter Nawrocky is in charge of OMS now. There is no finer person to handle all the challenges, including customer service. To be blunt, I haven't heard a recent peep about how bad it was and I think that shows how effective Pete has been with them. If I were in the market for a set of wings, I would be looking at them intensely. But there are a lot of options out there. I don't think you'll be disappointed with them, or any other wing out there.

As for the person who blamed OMS for a runaway wing when their buddy had BOTH inflators hooked: What dufus ever taught them to do that? I'm hoping that was simply an operator, "oh, I didn't think this through", type of error.

thanks netdoc, I really like the oms wings, but people here make you think twice about buying something. that's why I bring it up. I like to hear everyones opinion.

I thought about it. I am looking at some clubs. not sure what one yet. are you in the sea gypsies?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom