One Cam Band or Two

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any single camband will do the job.

2 provides redundancy if one didn't load well and the stability of defining a line (2 points)

Going to a ScubaPro or other bail and hook type strap makes it all much less technique dependent.

Pete

yep, I'm a fan of the SP type , that tank does not wiggle in the slightest ... just watch your finger placement ;-)

wetting I think may be more of a tank/strap lubricant allowing tighter fastening of the conventional buckle type ?

Mike ... Thats what I mean by ScubaPro type ... Only issue I've found with them is to be aware of finger placement during latching ;-)

Thinking that would also make a great tank strap for the top of my Stanley box to hold my tank

...How much "quicker" (5 seconds?) and how much "lighter" (1 oz.?) could it be...
Sy

I've used 1 and 2 cam band setups. They both secure the tank. 1 band systems need more attention to detail to be good to go, 2 band systems are more forgiving. A 2 band rig of course, should not be an excuse to get lazy, but the above statement by sytech seems to answer and address the meat of the OP's reason for the question.

I've used 1 and 2 cam band setups. They both secure the tank. 1 band systems need more attention to detail to be good to go, 2 band systems are more forgiving. A 2 band rig of course, should not be an excuse to get lazy, but the above statement by sytech seems to answer and address the meat of the OP's reason for the question.

That's a good summary of the issue.

Not sure that 2 tank bands is really idiot proofing the world.......

Halcyon gear which seems to be the industry standard for DIR uses 2 tank bands as their standard.......

DIR is arguably the most gear specific and gear detailed diving philosophy out there.....:wink:

DSS, Dive Rite, Hollis and OMS also go with two tank straps as their standard.....

It seems to me that if 2 tank straps were not a better solution then why would all these suppliers go that route.......:confused:

I can also say that if I wet the bands on my rigs it is much easier to tighten them down....can I do them dry, yes, but it takes much more effort......so I will continue to wet the bands.....as it simply works better for me.......

M

The OP was talking about a zuma which is not a BP/W...alot of non-BP/W do not have 2 cam straps this is what we are talking about. I own both .. a DSS and a jacket. I just trying to say you don't NEED 2 cam straps.

sounds like Ron Popeil got into the scuba business

Guaranteed not to runt, bust, mold fold or get old with age. :wink:

That's the model I'm using on my Freedom plate.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom