o'neill wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wsugoalie

Registered
Reaction score
Does anybody know about O'Neill wetsuits. I'm looking at purchasing the 7mm, 7000X Jane at a sale price of $129.95. Please let me know! Thanks :)

We have just recently picked up this line of wetsuits, the company has been in the business of wetsuits for sometime, mainly for windsurfers, surfers and boogie boarders but have now crossed over to the Dive industry. In my opinion, it is a great suit. I wish that on their 3/2's they would change the wrists or add zippers but other than that I believe they will hold up and I like the color's they offer. I hope this helps.

[price of $129.95.] Wow! thats a good price I purchased A 3000x 3/2 last year for 150.00 or so, and for my oneill 7mm J/J, I payed 279.00 and that was a sale price ..sheesh, back in 1995' man didnt know I had it so long . It still fits well is in great shape except one small cut in the rubber knee pad {I keep meaning to repair it but its not very deep} I dont have a tally right now on the number of dives around 45 or 50.
I love both suits, especially the 3/2 for free diving in Puget Sound.

The 7mm J and J keeps me warm year round except when I'm fighting with my film camera for long periods of time.

Mini lecture...
Remember fit is everything, try the suit in a pool if possible. Move around in the pool stretching and flexing, that way you can check the fit, if its too loose or just the wrong suit for your build youll know quick enough when the water starts to flood in.

is 8 yrs old, multi-hundred dives and is still in excellent shape.

The cobalt accent panels are now a pastel blue, but it just shows the suit gets used a lot...I'd buy another one, but can't wear this one out.

You would be crazy not to jump on a deal like that!!! I paid $250 for my 7mm Avalon 2 years ago and it is still just as nice as new with 50+ dives on it. I often wished I would have known about the J-type, since that extra 5mm in the chest area would have been great, but I sometimes wear a 5 mil vest under my avalon when I am abalone diving and it keeps me warm. I wasn't too sure how I would like the attached hood, but it works fine and it's one less thing to remember to pack!! Make sure you get a good fit...it won't keep you warm if it is too loose.

Brian :wink:

wsugoalie:
Does anybody know about O'Neill wetsuits. I'm looking at purchasing the 7mm, 7000X Jane at a sale price of $129.95. Please let me know! Thanks :)

citykid:
Wsugoalie, where is that sale? I'd love to pick up an O'neil 7mm for that price!

I found a sale at Sierra Trading.Com. Unfortunately, there were only select sizes and limited quantities left. I just happened to be lucky and fit one of the available sizes.

I have an O'neill wetsuit. It is a cheap $99.00 3mm one from Diver's Direct, but I like it. It works well for me.

I have a 2-piece 3 mm O'Neil. I have no complaints.

Back
Top Bottom