Thickness dilemma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the replies.

How much does a hood affect the body temperature? I had no problem diving an ill fitting 7mm rental with hood in 18C, but a 75min dive in 23 C was a bit cold at the end with no hood.

I am still waiting for the hood to arrive...

I find an hood helps immensely. I notice it a lot on the rare occasions I forget it. A good hood is worth the money. I wear a hood, 3mm, even in the tropics. I do feel the cold though. YMMV.

Yeah, I figured... I am waiting for 5/7 h1 hood from waterproof...

I tought my gloves were too thin, but yeah, a bit of a longer dive with no hood seems to give me the chills😀

Hi guys,

My wetsuit finalni arrived - waterproof w8 7mm. I also got the chance to try on the 5 mm waterproof 01 vest, which goes over the wetsuit.

the original idea was to biy the 7mm and a 2mm vest as an undergarment. But now I really like this 5mm vest with hood.

Would a 5mm suit in combination with 5mm vest be enough? I tend to be on the colder side, and summer diving temps on depth are around 16C. The official manual says the 5mm suit is good from 16-24C (without the vest), and this combo would give me some flexibility if im diving in shallower waters (I would just use the suit, without the vest).

if in use the 7mm suit with the 5mm vest, I should be really warm, but im affraid I would need a boat load of weights...

Can anybody share their toughts or experience?

Thank you!
That is about the water temp we have here in Southern California, so no a 5 mm wetsuit is not enough. I use a 7mm with a hooded vest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom