Open Water Padi vs Rescue Course NAUI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I run into the problem of not having choices. I am from Minnesota and usually dive only while on vacation. I vacation a lot though and end up in the Caribbean 3-4 times a year. :) I was NAUI certified when I was a teengager. I would like to take AOW and a Rescue course for the reasons stated about by japan-diver. However, it is nearly impossible to find resorts with anything but PADI.. Is it okay to crossover and get PADI AOW and Rescue even though I am NAUI OW? I would like to take these courses to make me a better diver, but I would prefer to stick with what I have started with.. It just seems that is never an option.

You can be a PADI OW diver and then do the next higher level course with NAUI or you can be a NAUI diver and do the next higher course with PADI. So if you are a NAUI OW diver you can join a PADI AOW class.

Right or wrong, PADI trains over half of all the divers in the world each year. This means that you find it easier to find places that offer PADI. You might want to contact NAUI directly and ask them for a list of places that teach NAUI and are in the area you want to visit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom