Open water referrals on Grand Cayman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've stayed at Sunset House and Cobalt Coast, and greatly prefer CC.

I'll second the suggestion of Ambassador Divers (ambassadordivers.com). Our family has been diving with Jason since 2003, when parents first went to the Caymans. He won us over when my parents insisted we all visit that winter, our first family dive trip and I suspect we were a trying bunch of customers - my brother a non diver, my husband newly certified, me, a nervous extremely rusty diver. My parents, newly passionate about diving, but not all that experienced. Mix in typical family dynamics ... he handled us all with aplomb, reassuring us, keeping us safe but relaxed. And making sure we had an amazing time.
On that trip he certified my brother, and since then my parents and husband and I have done advanced OW certs with him. We've returned yearly since then, and it's most often just our family of 5 on his boat, sometimes another person or two during the high season. Now it feels like our really experienced friend is taking us out on a personal trip on his boat - we're totally spoiled!

My wife was certified Rescue Diver with ambassador divers back in 2001. Very professional. We went out a few times after that on their dive boat. We were the only one on the boat so naturaly...we loved it.:D

I am looking for recommendations for a dive operator. My husband and I are staying at Sunset House in February. We chose this resort because of the availability of shore diving. We have both been OW certified for 1 1/2 years with 40 to 60 dives. He wants to be able to get used to the ocean at his own pace. I am more adventuresome having done drift and cenote diving last week in Mexico and will also have a 4 hour photo class/dive with Kathy Church. We hope to take some boat dives later in the week. Any recommendations?

Sunset Divers are right there at Sunset House. I was just diving with them couple of weeks ago and they were fine.

You really should dive on the North Wall and in the East End.

Sunset Divers may well have a N Wall trip; otherwise, call DiveTech or Neptune Divers. I expect they would pick you up at Sunset House, but ask when booking.

Try Ocean Frontiers for the East End. I don't know if they will pick you up, but it would be worth it to rent a cab if necessary.

Everyone is right about Sunset House ! Go see Mike....he, and the rest of the staff, will bend over backwards to show you a great time. Also, MYBAR is a HUGE Tiki Hut Bar on the property with the BEST Conch Chower known to mankind.

The shore diving is awesome and the prices are very competitive !

Dive Tec was also good and you MUST go see Danny from OFF THE WALL DIVERS.....what a great trip to STING RAY CITY.....killer customer service.

Good Luck and dive safe !

-Gary

I just got back from the Cayman's and had a great experience with Neptune Divers. Ask for Caroline, she answers the phones normally, she was truly fantastic. Neptune operates off of public beach, but every dive is a boat dive. They will pick you up from any of the hotels on 7 mile beach. A lot of dive shops won't provide transportation.

I visited at Sunset House and they also seemed very professional, but didn't get a chance to dive with them.

Ross

Back
Top Bottom