Opening Wakulla Springs to Scuba Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I already signed up on FB and sent my form letter via E-Mail and followed up with a Hard Copy letter so that the delete button or a spam filter doesn't prevent my letter from being read!

If nothing else everyone on here should be upset that YOU aren't being allowed dive access to a state park that you pay taxes to operate!

If nothing else everyone on here should be upset that YOU aren't being allowed dive access to a state park that you pay taxes to operate!
Everyday.

FYI, got a response.

Dear Mr. Viehe:

Governor Scott received your email and asked that I respond on his behalf.

Thank you for your interest regarding Edward Ball Wakulla Springs State Park. This is truly a special park and a valuable treasure to North Florida’s history and natural features, as well as to Wakulla’s economy.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts regarding potential diving activity within the park. At this time, the Division of Recreation and Parks is researching the pros and cons of incorporating diving into the subscribed activities at this state park. While no decisions have been made, please know that your thoughts and concerns have been heard and will be taken into consideration during research and discussions.

Again, we are grateful for your passion about the park and your efforts to contact us. If you have any further questions, please contact Park Manager Brian Fugate at (850) 926-0700.

Thank you,

Donald V. Forgione
Director
Florida Park Service
Department of Environmental Protection
Office: (850) 245-3029

Welcome to Florida State Parks

From: Governor Rick Scott [mailto:Rick.Scott@eog.myflorida.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2011 10:28 AM
To: Office of Citizens Services
Subject: FW: jobs and economic development

Thanks Doug! There's a lot going on behind the curtain right now, but the letters that have been sent in have really sped the process up. Each and every letter seems to be making a difference.

-h

Although I hold WKPP near and dear to my heart, I fully support loosening Wakulla restrictions. But, I will wager that very little or nothing will come of this.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom