http://www.diveheart.org/

Operation Bottom Time - From Key Largo - Updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some of the guys (now CERTIFIED DIVERS!) have told me that they WILL be coming on to SB. They are down here in Key Largo for the rest of the week.

I'll post some more pictures from today's dives later.

Yeah!! Congrats To Them!!!!!!!! :)

After two days with these hero's, I can tell you I'm humbled at their determination. What a great group of guys. Not only have I helped get some new divers certified, but I've also met a bunch of new friends.

Today....ANOTHER DIVE WITH FRIENDS!!!!!

Good Diving,

Yesterday was an AMAZING day. Again, I don't have much time to post, as we're preparing for a dive today. Today everyone diving is a certified diver. The guys are so grateful that people have helped SUDS to help them get certified in SCUBA. They all really enjoyed diving yesterday, and today they're looking forward to diving again. Everyone told me that they definitely plan to continue diving in the future as well! They are grateful for the support that has been given to them from SB and the rest of the SCUBA community, and they plan to take the message back to Walter Reed Army Medical Center (where they are living at the moment) that SCUBA is a great way to get out there, and have fun, and be free in the water!

One of the most poignant moments yesterday was not diving related however... I think these pictures tell the story. I would just like to say from the bottom of my heart that I personally give my "hats off" to everyone involved in SUDS (EVERYONE), the soldiers, and especially my buddy Capt Gary. The first two days were MOST INCREDIBLE, and I'm so glad that I was able to be here to help and to share in the moments. Thank you SUDS... and thank you Captain Gary and Admiral Brenda for hosting this wonderful event! I look forward to the rest of the week!

flag1.jpg

flag2.jpg

flag3.jpg

John Thompson and his staff have done an amazing job. For the veterans, SUDS is not just about setting goals and then achieving them. One of the guys mentioned to me last night that the men and women in Iraq (and I assume Afghanistan) cannot help but wonder how they are percieved back home? This is only natural, considering the long deployments and the length of the war in general. The point is that it means a lot to these men and women to know we support them, and we are willing to show that support.

There are a lot more veterans out there who would appreciate us letting them know how much we respect their service and sacrifice. Think about supporting SUDS, supporting some other veterans group, or starting your own organization.

Cheers

JC

AWESOME!!! Congrats to the new divers!!!!

Break-

Chatterton, Howard, CPT Gary etc, thanks for your support of my borthers and sisters, it means a lot to know that people are looking out for us when we come home.

I was down this past weekend diving with Conch Republic and met a few of the guys on Sunday as they were preparing to head out. What a great organization and great group of guys!

What a special event! I'll bet that the flag will be kept in a special place!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom