Opinion on used/new BCD's for first time divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any suggestions on travel BC's or BP/W setups will be most appreciated. Need a BC for both my wife and myself, so if there are recomendations for females I will take that too.

My wife has 3 BCs:
1) Seac Sub Icaro Tech BP/W - this is good in that it has a lot of d-rings and provides a lot of lift but my wife finds it a bit big - she is no big! ($AU350 second hand)
2) Aqualung Zuma - this is a lightweight travel BCD fits well but is limited in d-rings and the webing is narrow and twists (bought new)
3) Scubapro Ladyhawk - a robust wingstyle BCD, has many d-rings a rudimentary pocket std 50mm webing good lift - this is now the preferred dive option ($AU200 second hand)

The Zuma and Ladyhawk are 'cut' for women and for my wife that really does make a big difference.

As can be seen it is hard to find the perfect option that can meet all situations.

Back
Top Bottom