Opinions on Apex WTX-45 Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about these.. good, bad, ugly? I friend is asking me and I haven't seen them.

He likes to buy from Joel (who can blame him?! :D), who, as usual, has a good deal on them: LINK(Oh, you have to click the "wings" tab on the left.)

Thanks.

Looking at the picture it looks like it only has grommets at the top which would not work well with my backplate, but I'm guessing that I just can't see them in the picture for some reason.

Christian

Rick: I've taken a look at these when they came into my LDS and am under the impression that they are meant to work with the apex harness.

I know 2 people who are diving that system locally, one with a single without the plate the other using his doubles w/ plate. Neither would be exactly considered a DIR setup, but the folks using them are very happy :)

Bjorn

I have the WTX 6 and really like it it. And actually it has grommets at the top of the wing and a reinforced slot at the bottom to allow for not quite perfect bands and can be used to any bp. All and all it trims out well has a nice tough inner bladder. The only thing I'd change about it is the blanking cap on the divers right side if you wish to change the position of the dump which is useless IMO as well as the pull cord grapling hook which was quickly changed out for a nice peice of knotted line.

The 45 is identical to mine except smaller I plan to get one for diving AL80's and smaller sets

Cheers

Alex

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom