Opinions on different hoses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Miflex hoses will eventually replace standard, but like all new technologies it'll just take some time to work the 'bugs' out.......

Unlikely, they're back-peddling at the moment, following the melt-down situation with their HP hoses. Also, (for the reasons given already in this thread) I don't see them catching on with those who hog loop long hoses..

I like them for the shorter hoses and the 60" hose on my single tank rig, but went back to the rubber 7' hose.

Unlikely, they're back-peddling at the moment, following the melt-down situation with their HP hoses. Also, (for the reasons given already in this thread) I don't see them catching on with those who hog loop long hoses..
You're young, you'll learn....Too good an idea to go away....Just take time........

Based on personal experience braided hoses over 40 inches are less than desirable. I'd say floaty rather than too flexible which may be why they seem too flexible, also tend to take a set when coiled for any period of time, and for me they feel like sandpaper on the back of my neck and tend to grab those little hairs.
I was actually at the local dive shop near me today. I had the exact same question as the OP before I even saw this thread. Everyone there told me this exact same thing about them being too floaty, and keeping their shape too much.

Yeah, I heard this as well. That they are trying to fix a problem that doesn't really exist, and already to a bad start with the recall.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom