Opinions on DIVEVOLK for Smartphone Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is the iPhone able to color correct or you need filters with and without video lights?

Is the dome 0.6x lens worth it?

This is expensive, but feature-rich. I'm curious about it.

Doesn't look like it's available for purchase anywhere, since being announced a year ago

Even if it was, I don't see much of a reason to get that over the Divevolk.
Very expensive, has to be charged, can't use the screen (meaning you have to use their app with bluetooth, and if it crashes or freezes you're screwed).

Oh, and the requisite app is subscription based, for "advanced" features you have to pay. Hard pass.

That Oceanic might be nice but too pricey for me.

Oh, and the requisite app is subscription based, for "advanced" features you have to pay. Hard pass.

There's no subscription unless you want to use it as a dive computer. Could be handy as backup, but I doubt most people will do that.

As I said, I'm curious about it. But I don't know much about either of these- obviously they have very different design philosophies, and different strong & weak points.

The biggest drawback I see for the DiveVolk is the touch screen and dry gloves, they make a little sock thing that is supposed to work but…

the Sealife case also looks good though I’m still on the fence.

I just bought the divevolk and used it in Cozumel over 8 dives and love it. I ordered a SeaFrogs tray as I wanted to attached lights, but it seems way too heavy now when you consider you need to be able to comfortably hold it steady with one hand while using the other to swipe/change settings. I have a bigger light (Kraken Hydra 6000), so think I will return the tray and just get a cold shoe ball mount for my light. Does anyone know of a single handle that could be attached to the bottom? Similar to a GoPro floaty handle?

Does anyone know of a single handle that could be attached to the bottom? Similar to a GoPro floaty handle?
I wouldn't stick anything underneath, as that would get in the way of getting the camera close to the bottom for upward-looking shots. A single handle tray is probably your best option here, i.e. Single Handle Tray

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and I'm not too sure if this is the right thread but here goes anyway.

I just bought a DIVEVOLK 4MAX a few months ago for my upcoming trip to the Maldives. I used it snorkeling with Mantas and everything performed really well. The I went diving and on the first dive it worked well. Then on my 3rd dive I noticed that it became increasingly hard to hit the record/shutter button on my phone. I could however still swipe through the functions like portrait, video, photo etc...
Initially i thought it was a fitment issue, so I swapped out my iphone SE and tray for an iphone 13pro.

For the first 10 minutes of the dive it was fine. And then nothing worked. I hit record, and couldn't turn it off, till 3 minutes later. Needless to say it was frustrating trying to troubleshoot the problem at 20m below.

Once I got to the surface it seemed ok. The following day I went for a night snorkel, tested the rig on the beach and it was fine. But once I hit the water, everything locked up again.

Has anybody had this problem? Any suggestions? I also noticed that slipping the tray out of the case was getting harder. I had to use the picking took that was provided which I never had to before. I'm wondering whether my phone might have overheated and inadvertently warped the membrane.

thanks in advance.

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and I'm not too sure if this is the right thread but here goes anyway.

I just bought a DIVEVOLK 4MAX a few months ago for my upcoming trip to the Maldives. I used it snorkeling with Mantas and everything performed really well. The I went diving and on the first dive it worked well. Then on my 3rd dive I noticed that it became increasingly hard to hit the record/shutter button on my phone. I could however still swipe through the functions like portrait, video, photo etc...
Initially i thought it was a fitment issue, so I swapped out my iphone SE and tray for an iphone 13pro.

For the first 10 minutes of the dive it was fine. And then nothing worked. I hit record, and couldn't turn it off, till 3 minutes later. Needless to say it was frustrating trying to troubleshoot the problem at 20m below.

Once I got to the surface it seemed ok. The following day I went for a night snorkel, tested the rig on the beach and it was fine. But once I hit the water, everything locked up again.

Has anybody had this problem? Any suggestions? I also noticed that slipping the tray out of the case was getting harder. I had to use the picking took that was provided which I never had to before. I'm wondering whether my phone might have overheated and inadvertently warped the membrane.

thanks in advance.
The phone doesn’t have a screen protector, by chance? Could you borrow someone else’s phone for a snorkel to see what happens? Are other trays also hard to get in or out? Could some debris have gotten into the housing which skews the tray?

The phone doesn’t have a screen protector, by chance? Could you borrow someone else’s phone for a snorkel to see what happens? Are other trays also hard to get in or out? Could some debris have gotten into the housing which skews the tray?
Thanks for the quick reply! 1.The first phone which I used was an Iphone SE, and that has a glass screen protector but it doesn't cover actual button that controls the functions. 2. i swapped out the Iphone SE with a Iphone 13pro. 3. All the trays seemed to get stuck. 4, I didn't see any debris.

thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom