Opinions On My Selected Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mossym:
yeah suunto doesn't allow online sales, so Larry can't carry suunto..i'd go with him for the rest though...even if you have your heart set on a cobra

This isn't the only reason that Larry doesn't sell Suunto but I promised not to tell. Actually he could carry Suunto but not sell it online. There is always a way around that if you really wanted to buy it online.
One thing with going to the Aeris comp is that it is less conservative than the Suunto, make your own decision on that.

crpntr133:
This isn't the only reason that Larry doesn't sell Suunto but I promised not to tell. Actually he could carry Suunto but not sell it online. There is always a way around that if you really wanted to buy it online.
One thing with going to the Aeris comp is that it is less conservative than the Suunto, make your own decision on that.

Less conservative with a proven algorthim of 20 plus years for recreational diving. But if you want to spend less time in the water the Suunto is the way to go. But then you may as well dive tables

Deep Hull,
First, congradulations on your new gear. Take care of it and it will take care of you. In all reality, nobody's opinion, including my own, really counts except yours so if you like what you bought then great!
I dive the Aqualung Legend LX Supreme and I love it. I have had it as deep as 124' in Lake erie and as shallow as 15' on Venice beach, FL. It breaths easy and the bubbles don't interfere with my view. Occasionally it will breath a little wet. I have found this occurs when I am inverted. I occasionally like to lay on my back at depth and just take in the view (I'm goofy sometimes). Not a lot of water, just a little seapage when I exhale, nothing to get nervous over. If I had to buy a reg again, I would buy the same one. I went with an Apeks Egress for an octo. Like was said earlier, the Legend is 'overbalanced' so I wanted to put a balanced octo on the rig as well.
I like the Zeagle Ranger as well. Used it several times before I bought a BP/W setup. I am looking for another BCD for traveling as the BP/W takes up a lot of space in a suitcase when traveling, especially if staying above 100'. My previous experience with the ranger has encouraged me to look to the Zeagle line.
I dive with an Aeris Atmos 2. I really like it, it is easy to use and see. Not overly conservative, altough I havent pushed it to it's limits. It is very finicky about my ascent rate though. I think thats a good thing for me. It has no problem 'yelling' at me when it thinks I am moving too fast.
Again, good luck.

Ken

It doesn't matter what we think of the equipment. It's how comfortable you feel in the equipment and operating it.

With regards to brands, I don't think you can go too wrong with any of the ones you listed.

Back
Top Bottom