Opinions please.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jiveturkey

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm thinking of going to Sipadan during the middle of November. How's the diving during that time? How's the weather?

I've been in contact with Borneo Divers. Has anyone had experiences with them? How are their boats and dms? How are the accommodations and food?

Cant comment about November though.

DM are great, ours (Ronni ?) literally wore himself out helping us find Hammerheads.

Had a turtle come right up next to the restaurant one night and lay its eggs and a huge (2m+) monitor come the next day to try to dig them up.

Only critisism is the food royally sucked when we were there although others have said it wasnt a problem.

I was diving with them in February which is about the worst time to go to Sipadan. Cloudy almost all the time with occasional rain. November may be good or bad but probably not much worse. Viz was only 10 meters or so on just about every dive but diving there was still the best I have ever seen. I was dizzy from spinning around looking at all the turtles, sharks, Napoleon wrasse, swirls of jacks (no barracuda!) as well as small things like ribbon eels, frog fish, ghost pipefish, octopus, etc. I just can't imagine what it would be like with better visibility. FYI, I've been diving in Cayman, Utila, Lembeh, Maldives, Banda, Boracay, Bali, Anambas, Tioman, Aur, Tenggol so I have a fair amount of dives to compare it too. Someday, I would not mind comparing it to Truk, Yap, PNG, Layang2, etc.:mean:

All the DM's at Borneo Divers were fantastic, except one. I believe that one is gone now though. He had great skills but an absolutely lousy attitude. He was being such an ass that we asked for a change (I guess men can't handle getting PMS). The DM who replaced his was Bryan and was the best DM I have seen in 14 years of diving.

The food and accommodations are ok - nothing to write home about but you won't starve. I was too busy writing about the diving anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom