Optical Ocean Sales Focus/Video Light Beam Test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JackConnick

Jack Connick
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
We recently shot a series of test shots that show the relative beam and strength of the focus and video lights we currently sell. These were simply aimed at a wall 5' away and shots taken with the same exposure and lens. Nothing scientific, but does give a "real world" look at how the lights perform. Be sure to look at their price vs. performance as well!

This link will download a .full-size .pdf file with links to the lights for more info.

This link will take you to a slide show of the original shots, un-cropped. turn on "Show Info" to see titles.

Focus-Light-Beam-Test.jpg

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Focus%u00252BLight%2BBeam%2BTest.jpg
    Focus%u00252BLight%2BBeam%2BTest.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
No. It doesn't have the AFO circuitry. If you shoot faster than about 1/100-125th/sec you'll never see any of these lights.

@ Jack , i have the sola 1200 photo ,epl1 and have done a night dive with the 14-42mm and 2 Sea & Sea 110a and got does pics

what have i done wrong ??

shutter 160, f 6.3 iso 200

Attachments

• P3182828.jpg
    P3182828.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 92
  • P3182829.jpg
    P3182829.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 84
  • P3182843.jpg
    P3182843.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 69
As Martin said, I'm not seeing your strobes. They need to be more on the subject. Try also turning the intensity of the light down. TTL could be a factor.

Jack

why the difference between the big blue FF1 and AL1? interesteing, thanks for sharing

Jack, would you say the sola 1200 photo and 1200 video have a similar beam? I have a 1200 vid and it works well for me but would like to try a red light option. Are you aware of a slip-on type red filter solution for the 1200?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom