Orca spots????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opiniongirl:
Like I said, residents are different from transients. Yes, they come up to boats, etc, etc...but how does one tell the difference between a transient and a resident unless one is familiar? I am in no way suggesting that they are aggressive, only that the opionion of most researchers is that it is not wise. You the one filming them, the armchair researcher, yet you are asking in a diving chatroom where to find them? hmmmm.....

None of this is my opinion, only what I have read and learned - I'd be the first to dive with a pod if it was recommended. So, I'm not really insulted that you think I need to do more research...as I've done enough to respect their space and not disregard what I've learned. I live in BC, you live in lala land (your words, not mine), I didn't see them once on vacation.

But by all means Mustapha...dive in!!!! Just don't break any Canadian laws in doing so.

Like you said this like you said that... I graduated with a degree in Marine Biology and Animal Psycology. And yea I'm asking people if they know any spots because I've studied them in a couple places, some migrate some are residents so i was asking on advice, and I don't realy need your advice wll beause you don't have any advice, MOD PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD DOWN!!!

My goodness...temper, temper...

Combined with no sense of humor, tsk, tsk.

Yes, mods, before he spontaneously combusts!

And advice you don't like, is different than no advice at all. Darwin is as darwin does.

opiniongirl:
My goodness...temper, temper...

Combined with no sense of humor, tsk, tsk.

Yes, mods, before he spontaneously combusts!

And advice you don't like, is different than no advice at all. Darwin is as darwin does.

Advice that I don't like? You have given me worthless advice, you shouldn't even be called opiniongirl, Nonesense is more like it for you! You can't even make humor, I rather spoon myself to death then listen to those humorless jokes!

Mustapha and opiniongirl... you will need to stop your personal attacks or you will both be suspended from Scuba Board.

First time is a 5-day unless I miss that button and hit perma-delete.
FYI: my eye/finger coordination isn't what it used to be.

Mustapha Loves Guns:
Hi,
Anyone know where is a good place to scuba dive where Orcas are?
The resident orcas (pods J, K and L) hang out at the south side of San Juan Island a lot of the time. K and L will be heading out to the ocean in a month or so for the remainder of the year. J pod will stay behind and head south a bit toward the Edmonds area in late November and make a trip to the ocean now and again.. I have seen the Orcas hundreds of times on the surface and have herd them while diving lime kiln on San Juan Island. I know for a fact that they knew I was there, if they would have wanted an encounter it is up to them not me. I'm know for a fact that if you are found getting in the water with the orcas you will go to jail for harassment of wild life! To get the proper reasherch permits visit your local Washington state Department of Fish and Wildlife...good luck! Then contact the organization called Sound Watch. Then contact the organization Marine Mammal Monitoring or M3 they are the canadian counterpart of Sound Watch. Please also contact the center for whale research (Ken Balcomb) in Friday Harbor on San Juan Island I'm sure they will also be able to help. The fact is unless you have some sort of connection in Congress your chances of legally getting in the water with the sole intent of diving with the whales is slim to none...sorry. It is a dream of mine to swim with the Orcas but I can't so... I rent Free Willie.

Well, I moved from NZ and the Gov. sent me here to research them along Oregon. I'VE been to SJ and saw nothing.

It is a dream of mine to swim with the Orcas but I can't so... I rent Free Willie

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's like my favorite movie, beside STAR WARS, but my favorite whale is the Beluga.

Mustapha Loves Guns:
Well, I moved from NZ and the Gov. sent me here to research them along Oregon. I'VE been to SJ and saw nothing.
Contact Deep Sea Charters out of Anacortes Washington. They have a charter going out (whale watch) on Oct. 29th. If you are a researcher they may let you go for free! I know for a fact that they will not let you in the water. I'll talk to my friend Ken Balcomb from the center for whale research about getting in the water with them and get his take on the situation. If you are really wanting to find out what pod is where give Captain David Patterson a call at the number below. He always knows or can find out where thay are.
Deep Sea Charters
360-661-6101
www.deepseacruise.com

Back
Top Bottom