Question Orcatorch D710v

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JonnieB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Silly me, I disassembled the head unit of my D710V torch to clean the lense and when I went to reassemble it, can't remember if the o-ring goes in front of the lens or behind it. I'm thinking behind as there appears to be a grove around the top of light cone to place the ring. Can anyone confirm this is correct?

Thx in advance.

It was already inoperative due to some water intrusion and this was an attempt to remediate the damage. The head unit is meant to be removed as it has a threaded twist-off head.

Wasn't judging you.
Just letting you know what the manual says.

If you post a picture, we can figure it out together.

Mine is packed away for diving but can look later to see if I can tell the position of the ring.

I reassembled it both ways after my inspection and clean up but it's still not working so I suspect the unit is dead. I didn't even know the lens/light head was removable and I believe when mounting it in its ball-ring unknowingly rotated it allowing water intrusion during a dive. I'll put the torch cost down under dive gear tuition fees! Thanks anyway for your offer.

I reassembled it both ways after my inspection and clean up but it's still not working so I suspect the unit is dead. I didn't even know the lens/light head was removable and I believe when mounting it in its ball-ring unknowingly rotated it allowing water intrusion during a dive. I'll put the torch cost down under dive gear tuition fees! Thanks anyway for your offer.
Contact Orca and see if they can help.

Back
Top Bottom