Oregon man rescued from Kauai cave - Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
First responders rescued a 46-year-old Oregon man in waters off Princeville on Friday.

According to a press release from the Kaua’i County Fire Department, no injuries were reported.

Shortly before 2:55 p.m. Friday, first responders were dispatched to search for a person in waters off Princeville near Edward Road.

According to a preliminary report, personnel with the Hanalei fire station arrived at a trailhead on Ali‘I Kai Resort before relocating to the Cliffs at Princeville Resort trail. At the trail, first responders contacted the missing diver’s friend. At the end of the trail, first responders heard a call for help and located the missing diver in a cave. Personnel with the Ocean Safety Bureau were able to retrieve the diver.

Near the Cliffs at Princeville Resort, personnel with American Medical Response evaluated the diver before he was released on scene.

The scene was cleared at approximately 4:05 p.m.

The journalist could have expanded on how the diver found himself in a cave there, but his editor might have objected as only a small percentage of readers would care. Looking at the coast on Google, I have to wonder how they got there. Maybe starting at Sealodge Beach, then trying to exit at a trail on the cliff? It looks like a rough coast with the aforementioned cliffs...

1699288640994.png

Back
Top Bottom