Oriskany - Another beautiful day!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seadoggirl

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Saturday October 13, 2007 was a beautiful day on board the H2O Below sitting atop the Oriskany. The weather was clear and bright, the sun was shining and the Jelly fish are GONE! :14:

The temp at the surface is still a perfect 82 and on the flight deck it is 79. The vis is some of the best we have had all year at 100 feet. It was a great day with our new friends from Houston Texas who dive with the Sea Sports Scuba shops. Their instructor Rob was great fun as were the four dive masters in training that they brought with them this time. We were lucky enough to have the Clarks from this group back for the third time and look forward to seeing them again.

It was a great trip. The current was minimal on top and not bad at all on the bottom. The Octopus are back in their holes and growing bigger by the day. One of the tech divers saw some huge grouper at about 165 feet. To deep for my whimpy butt!

All in all it was great weather, great diving and great people! Come see us, the water is wonderful!

Im Jealous, The Island Diver got blown out on Sunday so I never got to the O. Maybe I need to go with a boat that actually runs in some seas next time.

The Island Diver got blown out on Sunday so I never got to the O. Maybe I need to go with a boat that actually runs in some seas next time.

Where is the Island Diver out of ? I've never heard of them.

Down Under

DSC01105.jpg

Ah ok got it

Island Diver is out of PCB.....converted crew boat.

Back
Top Bottom