Oriskany + Whale Shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The pinnacle of diving in our area is truly the USS Oriskany. A lot of dive conversations include the question, "have you ever dove on the Oriskany?". If your answer is "no", most people do not seem to care about the 70 + dives you have done. I am truly glad to be able to say that my answer will now be "YES, I HAVE, TWO TIMES!". I would like to take this opportunity to thank Hetland for being my dive buddy, XRay for following through with my request to please set up a dive outing to the Oriskany, and Redtexan7 for completing the team. It is truly an amazing dive. To Mr. Xray, aren't you glad that I had the foreknowledge to bring my killing machine speargun to assist you with your harvest of a super nice grouper and a handsome stringer of black snapper?
You're welcome.

:dramaqueen:...Obviously....My invitation to all these fabulous trips keeps getting lost in the mail.....

Denise,

We need to setup an Oriskany trip with Gary for my 100th dive. Have you ordered your dry suit yet? You might need it then... I'm sure January or so. :)

Michael

I was out there Sat. and will try to post a pic of the WS

Attachments

• whale shark 3 edit.jpg
    whale shark 3 edit.jpg
    413 KB · Views: 55
  • whale shark 2 edit.jpg
    whale shark 2 edit.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 50
I sure am glad you brought your gun!
The pinnacle of diving in our area is truly the USS Oriskany. A lot of dive conversations include the question, "have you ever dove on the Oriskany?". If your answer is "no", most people do not seem to care about the 70 + dives you have done. I am truly glad to be able to say that my answer will now be "YES, I HAVE, TWO TIMES!". I would like to take this opportunity to thank Hetland for being my dive buddy, XRay for following through with my request to please set up a dive outing to the Oriskany, and Redtexan7 for completing the team. It is truly an amazing dive. To Mr. Xray, aren't you glad that I had the foreknowledge to bring my killing machine speargun to assist you with your harvest of a super nice grouper and a handsome stringer of black snapper?
You're welcome.

The diver in the second shot sure gives a nice perspective to the Whale Sharks Size! Nice photos Gary! I was down there for two dives on the 'O' that day but never got to see it.:depressed:

I was out there Sat. and will try to post a pic of the WS

That is some awesome video and pics man!! You did great and it truly was an kick @*# dive!!!!! I'm ready to do more!! P.S. why did you have to scare the whale shark away?? You didn't want Barry and I to see it? haha

Back
Top Bottom