Orlando Florida Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

martinjc

Contributor
Reaction score
I am flying into Orlando, FL for Business on Saturday 10/13. I'll have pretty much all day Sunday 10/14 to play around before the conference starts and was wondering if anyone knew of any cool dive locations close by. Please let me know...thanks!!

I live in orlando. I just moved here in feb from Indiana. I havent found any places around here to dive at becasue the ocean is so close.

I have heard of a place called ginny springs. If you find a place to go I would be more than glad to drive you there and dive with you...

I just found this link last week and havent had time to check it out yet..http://www.ginniespringsoutdoors.com/

Hi Bear Hunter! I cheked out the site and it looks pretty neat. A friend of mine who lived in Orlando a few years ago has gone to Ginny Springs and the caves nearby and had a good time.

I would rather dive 'warmer' in the ocean - but it looks like you may have to travel as far as West Palm Beach to do that....which means a 3+ hour drive!

Anyway - I'll let you know as soon as my plans firm up. Just heard this morning that this business trip may be postponed.

I'm going to check with my local dive shop - whic is also a PADI travle center to see if they can come up with anything.

Thanks for for replying and the Ginny Springs info!!

Hey Martin,

I read on some board about diving in the Aquarium at Disneyworld. I believe it is in Epcot Center. I am sure some of the "old salts" can lead you in the right direction, you may even want to do a search in the archives to see if it was addressed before. If not, maybe go out to Disney's website and you can probably get more inf about it.

At any rate, it sounded like it was a little pricey but different.

Corsair was telling me this past weekend about a dolphin experience that Disney runs. Where you get to see what they are doing with research, and then get about 45 minutes play time with 2 of them.

He also told me about these two doplhins playing u/w frisbee with the rays and skates.

They Texas Mike,

The real research project is how they can get you to fork out $350 to dive with an animal that you could otherwise dive with for free. I am not sure of the $$ for the Epcot Dive, but I hear that you can really see how fake everything is there from the other side of the glass.

Give me springs! Super viz, and they feel GOOD on a hot Florida day. Blue Springs and De Leon Springs are easy to get to from Orlando, and there are quite a few dive boats going out from Daytona or Port Canaveral (an hour plus). On the East coast, there is Tarpon Springs area (one and a half to two hours)... (lots of sponges) as well as the whole treasure coast (Walter's digs). West Palm and Boyton Beach are a 2-3 hours away, but they are beautiful! Worth the trip. Look for Snaggletooth, an 18' Hammerhead off of Boyton... he may scare the living piss out of you, but has otherwise left divers completely alone. Two oceans, more springs than the rest of the US combined lakes, ponds, and rivers. Gawd I love this state!!!

My back may allow me to dive by then, so keep me posted as to when you are going. I'll try to give you some particulars about price and availability.

Well Golly NetDoc,

When you put it that way it does sound pretty good. Now if y'all good just get those dadblamed sharks under control.

Yes, we did have a post about this a few months back.
Dive Quest is in the Living Seas exibit of Epcot.
It's $135.00, and you also have to pay park entry. But all your equipment is included since they want you to use theirs. And like everything Disney does, it is top notch.
You can call for a reservation at 407-939-Tour.
I have not done this yet myself, but I have sent divers there, and they have said it was worth every penny.
Also, if you have non divers as friends or family, they can watch you dive by, if they get a seat in the Coral Reef Restaurant.
:sunny:

Are we having problems with sharks??? I think they are pretty contented right now... as they say on the postcards... "Send more tourists, the last ones were delicious!!!"

:tease:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom