OTS Guardian Question (Regulator)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GaryBDavis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I assume that the OTS Guardian has similar issues as most regulators in terms of breathing ease, especially when in a non-heads up position. Can anyone comment on how good/bad it is compared to a typical reg? Also, do most of you send your regulator in to OTS for servicing or have a local shop do it (and how much do you pay)? Just the reg or does the whole mask need to go in?

Thanks,
Gary

I've been using one for over a year with no breathability issues - head up or down. Service is through my LDS, where I bought it. Service labor is free so long as I have it serviced every year. It's just the reg, which is very easy to remove/attach.

The closest LDS that is an OTS dealer will match internet pricing. I still have to pay tax but I like to support the local shops with some of my purchases. They quoted me $140 for the service and said it includes cleaning the mask. Tell me more about the free service labor as I might see if they will do that for me. Thanks

It's a standard policy of my LDS - they also do it for every reg I've bought from them. Not sure what yours means by "cleaning the mask". I rinse mine in fresh water along with my other gear after dives. It doesn't require any special treatment. Sounds like they may be trying to justify the price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom