Our big exciting dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gidds

Contributor
Reaction score
Witness Protection Program (hiding from the MOFia)
Ok so my buddy (johnnyseko) and I are all excited: I have money for a rental and I am allowed to dive this weekend (rehabbing back injury). The ocean of course is NOT cooperating. BIG swells and 3" vis. at all south-facing sites. Not good. After consulting the "Shore Dives of New England" book we decide to try Taylor Point on Jamestown which is described as protected but boring. Nice place to dive if you enjoy thousands of hermit crabs and lots of sand or have a quahog license. :rolleyes: I did see a school of stripers but Mr. Observant missed them. Big finds for the day: fishing lure sinker, about half a dozen golf balls and a Crepidula fornicata shell the size of a golf ball.
Moral of the story: diving in RI Sat. was unexciting :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Oh I forgot: 52-55F water with 70ishF air, NOT fun in a wetsuit, nice calm water 10' vis. Slight annoying current.

Doesn't sound fun. Cape Cod Bay on contrast was beautiful. Unusual southerly wind and warm sun provided great conditions for this time of year. Water cold of course

It could have been worse -- you could have been sitting home dry -- wishing you were in the water.

Kimber

Hee hee, yer right :wink: And I do like hermit crabs, they just all look the same after the first thousand or so. We had a nice picnic outside and didn't have to hide in the car w/ the heat blasting durng the SI at least. Oh and we found a big whelk egg case.

See there ya go -- and think of it -- you enjoyed it nonetheless and everytime you get in the water you can still improve your skills. Buoyancy - sac - kicks - skills etc -- no dive you come back from unscathed is a bad dive yanno.

Kimber

Oh yeah, did some dead buddy tows :wink:

Ahhhhhh.....but I feel so much better now that I got to blow bubbles!!!!:wink: I swear its not just air in that tank 'cause I really do feel like I just got my 'fix'. Something to be said for weightlessness I guess.

The dive wasn't too bad.... Mr Observant was too busy observing the compass and some of us dont actually move as fast as fish underwater! I saw a baby flounder and did you mention the hermit crabs? lol

johnnyseko:
Mr. Observant was too busy observing the compass and some of us dont actually move as fast as fish underwater!

I was good! I didn't chase them! I was going to...:angel:

Back
Top Bottom