Out of the water for a while

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with what most everyone has been saying - if you do your homework and find a good instructor, an advanced class could be very beneficial. Especially since you'll probably be wearing a 7 mm (or maybe even a drysuit) for the first time, that extra exposure protection alone can take some getting used to and time playing around with bouyancy, and a good class will give you that time to perfect that.

Good luck!

Thanks COrnfed.. I am already AOW, crtiofied myself, I actually did my first dive of the season today (I am usually in the water late March or Earlly April, but this year I was working 2 jobs at that time and it kept me busy). Today, I just did a shallow dive approx 25 feet (give or take) for about 55 minutes.. It go me wet, and tested the equipment out and practiced some skills.. It is kinda like riding a bike (which you cant do yearround here either). You never forget :wink:

Dale

cornfed once bubbled...

I think it depends on the diver.
Someone (like you I assume) that dives a lot but can't dive year round probably doesn't need to take a refresher. If someone only logged a few dives after certification then they would definately proceed slowly. They might not need a formal refresher but a couple easy dives with someone more experienced won't hurt.

Cornfed

Back
Top Bottom