Out with the old, in with the new.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s:
Since it's a German car and you want to DIVE!, how about "Das Boot!" \

Since you're going to be tracking dive gear that is 1.) Wet, and 2.) sandy in and out of the back of the thing, I suggest you invest in a "Husky Cargo Liner". Best money you can spend to save your interior.

It will hold the water keeping from getting your carpet wet and stinky. It will keep sand from getting down in the cargo area of the carpet. You just pull it out and dump the sand off or rinse off with a hose pipe.

they look like this.
linerphotos.gif

You can get floor mats made out of the same stuff. It's great.

I actually kinda like Das Boot :)

I am looking for something to keep the water out of the back cargo area. Not so much worried about the back seats, as I'll be keeping all the gear behind them. Hopefully, Husky makes a liner for the cargo area of my car.

I ordered the Yakima rack last night :D

Congrats Matt.. Bout time you quit making women and children run....

Glad to hear that you decided to join the 'civilized' world...:D

hmmmm, bronco of doom is done,
wagon of doom doesn't have the same ring,
sooo

CAR OF ROOM

WAGONUS MAXIMUS

THE SAND BUCKET

THE FISH CHEST

DIVE LOCKER ON WHEELS

MAT'S LAND YAGHT

THE DOUBLE-U BOAT

if he goes out drinking..

THE NEW WHISKEY WRECK

of course, last but not least (even if not exactly scuba related)

THE HOOTER's COMMUTER

SuPrBuGmAn:
I actually kinda like Das Boot :)

I am looking for something to keep the water out of the back cargo area. Not so much worried about the back seats, as I'll be keeping all the gear behind them. Hopefully, Husky makes a liner for the cargo area of my car.

I ordered the Yakima rack last night :D

Matt,

I have the same exact car. Most of the aftermarket doesnt' fit well, but the VW dealer sells a Gorilla Matt perfectly cut for the back secstion of the Jetta Wagon. It's waterproof, got a high lip, could probably hold 5 gallons of water before spilling over, and is thinly carpeted on the exposed side. The benefit of that is 1) looks, and 2) provides attachment for the cool cargo blocks that they provide. These have velcro, and I use them all the time to hold my tanks to keep them from rolling around. (I put them perpendicular to the tank as they have the most strenght that way). They make Gorilla Matts for the seat compartment floor too, but I've not seen a reason to get those (my aftermarket floor matts work well enough there).

Ted

Thanks for the heads up octotat, I'll have to visit the local VW dealership to see what they want for the Gorilla Matts.

mike_s:
Since it's a German car and you want to DIVE!, how about "Das Boot!" \

Since you're going to be tracking dive gear that is 1.) Wet, and 2.) sandy in and out of the back of the thing, I suggest you invest in a "Husky Cargo Liner". Best money you can spend to save your interior.

It will hold the water keeping from getting your carpet wet and stinky. It will keep sand from getting down in the cargo area of the carpet. You just pull it out and dump the sand off or rinse off with a hose pipe.

they look like this.
linerphotos.gif

You can get floor mats made out of the same stuff. It's great.

Husky doesn't have one for the jetta. But here's one from another manufacturer

http://www.autoanything.com/cargo-liners/64A1480A0A0A.aspx

We will all expect to get a free ride around the parking lot of Tacky Jacks on the 30th. SHE may get jealous of the girls at Hooters. Good job. I know you are proud.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom