OW and Nitrox Cert at the same time??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Windwalker:
Point. Yea.. I noticed a big difference when I switched. I guess if I started using Nitrox from the beginning I would not see the benefit. Now I choke air only on special occasions.

...such as while writing this posting? Or do you live in an enriched atmosphere :)

*cheers*

voop:
...such as while writing this posting? Or do you live in an enriched atmosphere :)

*cheers*
Hahaha, Nah.. I am sitting here at my desk with my regulator in my mouth, and a Nitrox tank on my back.. I figure that my SAC at my computer is like .2-.4 depending. It really helps when your in the shower, don't have to worry about swallowing water. I figure everyone will be doing it.. Or am I just strange. :wink:

voop:

*cheers*
Don't laugh I know a guy who sometimes sits on his couch with a rebreather dsv in his mouth.

jloving1:
it has been great to read everyones replys so far. The plan with her training is that while larning the basics they throw the nitrox in. during the 2 days of cert dives, the 1st day includes 3 air dives and the 2nd day is 2 nitrox dives. when i first heard about it i was kind of suprised to see the 2 at the sam time but maybe it isnt that outrageous. thanks for all your reply's and i cant wait to direct her to this board and let her read up and make a good decision!!!

jen

Depending on what and where you dive it is a good idea, exceptions are rare IMO. PADI just started to allow it when they redid their Nitrox course in 2003. Other agencies also allow it and some of them then only teach Nitrox with using a computer, allthough it doesn't say so on the card you get. She probably already has good advise from her instructor and you on this issue.
--A

Back
Top Bottom