Ow course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You will do great!. Remember, it is not a race. No extra point for speed. Just relax, breath, and do the skill slow and smooth...just like every other skill. Have fun!

As a cave instructor put it "Slow is smooth... and smooth is fast."

Be aware that if using an aluminium tank without integrated weights then the more air from your tank you have used (so the further in to the session you are) the more buoyant your gear will become. Like others have said, take your time and mentally process what you are doing and keep a firm grip to stop the gear floating up

My bcd has integrated weights would it be a good idea to load it with lead just for the task.. Say 10lbs. It Deffo will not float then

Rocky

You want to be able to do it with weights where they normally are for diving.

I smashed it,
Next stop open water :)

Remove replace at the surface is harder IMO

Rocky

At depth was harder for me. On the surface the main thing is make sure all the hoses and straps are laid out so they won't get hung up. I've noticed some students struggle a lot more when doing it on the surface in the ocean as opposed to the pool.

Back
Top Bottom