Wanted Oxycheq Inflator Hose Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverYohand

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Someone knows this……
Can you put an Oxycheq inflator hose onto an OMS wing (compatible threads) ????
Help !

I just went through this discussion with the folks at DGX. According to them, their DGX, OxyCheq, and Dive Rite use the same or nearly the same threads and OMX has something different. I’m hoping they are right about the first part as I’m buying a Dive Rite Remote Exhaust unit, but that doesn’t help you with your OMS.

The inflator hose, in the correct length will probably connect fine to the elbow or RE unit you already have, but not the threaded coupling built into the bladder during manufacture.

OTOH, DGX sells both the plain and the remote exhaust assemblies complete (and some parts) for the OMS.

HTH ~ 🐸

I’ll take that as a “No”.​

That is the correct assumption. What do you want to do? I just went through this whole process with my OxyCheq wing, so I studied the whole thing pretty thoroughly. Apparently the flange that is built into the OMS wing is different, so the elbow or remote exhaust you screw into that is proprietary to the OMS, but from there outward (corrugated hose, power inflator) you can pretty much use what you want. For instance, I put an AIR2 on the end of the corrugated hose from my OxyCheq, and now I’m going back and replacing the plain elbow with a remote exhaust valve from Dive Rite.

I found that an email to DGX saved me a lot of head scratching and heartache. I just had to read their listings carefully before I started ordering parts. The one thing that seems certain from what I am reading into your question is that using an OxyCheq elbow on the shoulder flange of your OMS wing is a hard “NO”, but beyond that, you should be able to “mix and match” as you wish.

🐸

Thanks. An Oxycheq elbow is NOT going to screw onto my OMS wing. You just answered it. Different threads. I don’t care about anything beyond the elbow.

& this from parts unknown…..
“Looks like Hollis has the fine threads. A HOG, Zeagle or XS Scuba inflator assembly will fit an OMS wing.”

Attachments

• 86516B95-7C8A-4859-A845-3BB275B40D41.jpeg
    86516B95-7C8A-4859-A845-3BB275B40D41.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 24D68D75-280B-43F6-A0EC-2F2651A10CC1.jpeg
    24D68D75-280B-43F6-A0EC-2F2651A10CC1.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 23
  • 1294383E-8370-4283-A1C3-ABC9800FCF45.jpeg
    1294383E-8370-4283-A1C3-ABC9800FCF45.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 16
  • AB31FF4B-8B78-461A-BEBF-F91D35DD5D66.jpeg
    AB31FF4B-8B78-461A-BEBF-F91D35DD5D66.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 16
PS: DirDirect also confirms that Oxycheq inflator hose thread assemblies and OMS wings don’t mix.
Thanks to all. Viva ScubaBoard !

Back
Top Bottom