Oxycheq or Analox?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pullmyfinger

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm buying an analyzer in the next week and want some opinions on these two:

1.) Oxychec expedition:
Travel Expedition Oxygen Analyzer [ROA-01-01T] - $239.00 : Cave Adventurers!, We will NOT be undersold!!!

what is the difference between the travel expedition and the regular expedition? The are the same price at caveadventurers?
Is it a new model vs. old model thing?

2.)Analox:
Amoxtec O2EII Oxygen Analyzer reviews and discounts, Amoxtec

Is Amoxtec the same as Analox? I would prefer to get a current model.

I've searched through a lot of older threads, I wanted to get any opinions on current models.

I have used the Analox at a dive shop in Anchorage, It was simple to use and seemed heavy duty.

I know that Oxycheq has a good reputation. these two models are the same price, so I wanted to make a good comparison before I ordered one.

Thanks for your help.

-Mitch

One question to ask is the cost of replacement cells.

OxyCheq replacement cells (Teledyne Cells) cost less than Analox cells. Average cost of replacement for the Teledyne cells if 70-75 USD.

Last we heard from consumers was the Analox cells were around 125 USD (and has been higher due to exchange rate). Ouch!!!

Contact your Oxycheq dealer for more information.

Br

I already did exactly that. I got in touch with Cave Adventures.

After asking a bunch of questions, I found that:

1. The oxycheq has a backlit screen, the analox does not.

2. There is a big difference in the cost between the sensors.

3. The oxycheq has different options for connecting to the tank.

Being a superior product:wink:....I ordered one. It should be here in a few days..
I ordered a Raider 1 light while I was at it.:D

My future orders will be from Cave Adventures, they gave me a great price, and spent a lot of time answering my questions.

I'll do business with them again in the future.

-Mitch

Based on a customer service experience I will not buy Oxycheq.

Dive light flooded due to a manufacturer defect they declined warranty coverage and when my LDS contacted them on behalf of their customer the Oxycheq rep audibly yelled back to someone that they were threatening sales when he said he realized they weren't a big account but hoped they could help them with their customer.

Epic fail, Oxycheq. Epic...

I have read the various threads about the previous Oxycheq lights. There was some good and some bad, like what you just posted.

About their analyzer, I've read nothing but good things about it so I decided to get one. The reputation of the Expedition speaks for itself.
While ordering, I figured I'd try out the new revision of the Raider 1.

I am confident about the analyzer. As for the light, I figured I'd give them a chance. For a $55 light I'll chance it. I have heard a lot of good things about the new revision raider.

I'm looking forward to testing out the light.

I have heard some negative things about their customer service. I'm betting that I won't need to call on them for service.:popcorn:

-Mitch

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom