Oxycheq Wing Poll: what size do you own and why?

What Size?

• 30# Lift - Single Wing

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • 45# Lift - Single Wing

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • 50# Lift - Doubles Wing

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • 70# Lift - Doubles Wing

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bloop

Contributor
Reaction score
To all Oxycheq Wing owners out there....

What is/are the Size(s) that you own and would like to have (Or Favourite?).

And please share your experiences with them around.

This thread will help all those of us who plan on getting the wing with some good ideas and opinions

:wink:

30#. I already own wings for doubles. 45# was overkill for me too, even though I dive in cold water with a LP95.

Took a bit of a risk buying this wing based on the limited track record and reviews. Glad all worked out, good construction and worked fine for trim. Saw a posting about the length of the corrugated LP hose being too long - not true.

Read a lot of news about Halcyon vs. OxyCheq with owners claiming the dominance of one brand over the other. Sorry to dissapoint but I can't see a huge difference between the 27# Halcyon and the 30# OxyCheq.

I went with the 45# wing. Wanted to be assured it will float itself on the surface with a full LP steel, integrated weights (Halcyon ACB 10) and probably a 6#-8# keel weight if I can ever scratch up the money for that drysuit.

The standard inflator hose was the right length for me also. 2" shorter and it would be on top of my D-ring.

There is NO PENALTY in drag and trim on the 45. If you're buying only one, get the 45.

In my case, I wanted the 30 for my g/f; she would never have a need for the 45.

I've dove both, and the only difference is that on the surface you have more lift with the 45. They've done a great job with the design on these.

mleong once bubbled...
30#. My 45# Ranger is a bit over kill for my kind of diving, especially in warm waters.
Same for me, the idea was to reduce the Ranger's drag. I was looking long and hard at the 45# wing, but decided for the smaller one.
Picked up a used backplate for $20 while I was at it. Never used one with a single tank ... if I like it I might have to get another OxyCheq wing. My g/f has her eyes on the Zeagle, on just glaring. Staring. But she doesn't like (or need) the big wing. If the 30# doesn't work for me she gets it and I get the 45#. :D Unfortunately last weekends dives got cancelled :upset:

I too had a ranger and thought the lift was overkill. However, with there being no size or trim penalty with the 45, I elected to purchase it instead of the 30. Who knows, I may need the additional lift in the future.

As posted previously, I am really impressed with the wings and had no reservations selling my OMS 55# and my ScubaPro Travel wing 27# on ebay a week after I got my new OxyCheq wings.

Chris

Oh yes and I forgot to mention, you can get to choose a few options at the same time...

Sorry for the slip..

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom