Oxycheq wing with Dive Rite Transpac for single tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the trans-pac and travel wing and dive it for pretty much all single tank warm water diving. It dumps fast feet first or head first. I use it with about 10 lbs or less in dive rite pockets and usually sling a 19 CF pony on the left side and side mount a canister light on the right D rings, they balance each other out well.
You'd not have any problems with the travel wing. Its smaller and more streamlined than it seems in pictures, but has plenty of lift for single tank warm water dives.

Yes I spearfish in Clearwater, FL area. majority of the time is no suits so I am not very open to a back plate. I have finally decided on an Oxycheq for the Dive Rite Transpac. No the decision is the Mach V Signature or the Mach V Razor. Bladder vs bladderless?

I would say bladderless Razor.
It will be like wearing nothing. Your diving, you won't need the additional protection of the outer shell.
Even then, Bill Main dives with a (doubles) razor in caves.

Later, I will see if I have pics I can post of the two mounted to a plate so you can compare.

edit:
Pics posted. First 3 are original razor deflated. others are Mach V with shell. Sorry I thought I had better.

(The one with me and my kid, the Mach V is fully inflated. stays behind my torso.)

Attachments

• BPW for sale 007.JPG
    BPW for sale 007.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 84
  • BPW for sale 011.JPG
    BPW for sale 011.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Crysta break 2006.jpg
    Crysta break 2006.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Dive August-sept 2007 014.JPG
    Dive August-sept 2007 014.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 88
Thanks for the pics. I ended up ordering the Oxxycheq Mach V signature from Scuba toys. I can not wait to get it on the Dive Rite Transpac. Now I am thinging about using a STA on the Transpac for more of a rigid back feel and will add a pound or so and taking Kern's advise.

If you are ever on the west coast of Florida near Dunedin or Tarpon Springs, let's go get some fish.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom