OxyCheq Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm with you diveprof, I think that if all your gear has branding everywhere it simply makes it a target for theft. Thanks for the link I checked it out and is very close to the cost here in Canada. The ease of not dealing with customs is worth a few extra $.

We have a Mach V 30 and 40 lb wings. They do exactly what they are intended to do. So does a HOG or a Halcyon.

If it were me, I would shop at online stores like Dive Right in Scuba and Scuba Toys to find the best package deal, with cam bands and a simple hogarthian harness.

Peter_C what do you use the 40# for?

---------- Post Merged at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Thanks for the online store suggestions but I'm in Canada so any "savings" are lost after shipping and duties.

I also have the 40#. I'm a cold water drysuit diver in Minnesota and I love it. I can't compare to äñÿ others as it is my first one, but it is great. I also got it from caveadventurers.

But also a big thumbs up to diverightinscuba :)

Both great shops to deal with!!

The 40# stays in nice and tight and doesn't taco up. Its only half an inch wider than the 30# and an inch longer at the bottom hence the extra lift. I still use it now but when I got it I used to do somewhat short deco dives with a single LP108 or LP120 and an AL40 stage so the extra bit of lift is nice at the surface. Previously I used a Dive Rite Rec wing which just taco'ed too much with a single tank and was a bit too small for double LP108s.

Peter_C what do you use the 40# for?

---------- Post Merged at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Thanks for the online store suggestions but I'm in Canada so any "savings" are lost after shipping and duties.
For single tanks I dive HP130's with H valves so I have two 1st stage regs, plus a lead weight poured into my rail, and a can light attached to the waist strap. With a 30# wing my kit would sink when the tank was full, so I upgraded to a newer Mach V. If I was diving single 100's and such, I would just use a 30lb wing.

I know lots of people in Canada buy from online shops in the USA. Have you priced a package out with shipping yet?

The cost before shipping is approximately 14% cheaper in the US compared to the prices quoted in Canada. But it's almost guaranteed a parcel that size will get stopped at customs and the 10% duty will be assessed. Now my margin is reduced to approximately 4% and I haven't factored shipping into the equation. Sometimes you get lucky tho.............just recently got an item shipped out of the US that was almost $200 less (shipping included) than I could buy in Canada............and it wasn`t assessed duty. Nice!

I have Oxycheq Mach Vs an 18lb I use for warm water, its my favourite its so small its like its not even there. I have owned a Mach V 30lb for colder local diving and loved it also very small profile. I now own a Mach V 30lb extreme, agree with others not really necessary for the diving I do but I got bored and had some money burning a hole in my pocket, it is however a very nice, rugged wing. If all my gear got stolen tomorrow Id likely buy the same wings again or a complete rig from DSS. The only other wings I would consider would be those by Deep Sea Supply. As for plates use/have used DiveRite, Hollis, Scuba-pro and AGIR. All work the same biggest difference has been finish with the best being either the AGIR or Scuba-pro, the Hollis is pretty good too though. I too use a simple hog harness. I think a complete rig from Deep Sea Supply is definitely worth consideration too. Personal preference plays a pretty big part for most divers I think. Good luck with your search.

I have Oxycheq Signature Mach V 40lb for 3 years. I like it a lot. Like everyone mentioned, it is tough shell, very thick bladder, low profile, streamline in water. The good things we all know. The "don't likes" will probably be what OP wants to know. So here is it:

1. very stiff shell material. Much stiffer than H and DSS, which I also have experience with. It makes packing for traveling more difficult.
2. noticeable heavier than H and DSS at similar lift. Again, bad for travel
3. bladder is cut very big compare to the shell, it gets folded quite a bit inside the shell. H isn't like this. I can't examine DSS, so I don't know there.

With that say, if I have do it over again, I will still buy this wing especially for the money. As for comparison with the H eclipse wing, I will have chance to dive it a few more time. I will report what I find when I think I get to know enough about it

Back
Top Bottom