P-Valves for women - advice please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FebePoet

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have just bought a dry suit and want to fit a P-Valve. It seems there are two options She-Wee and She-P. Can anyone give me any advice about perforamance, preferences, experience with the two systems to help me decide which one is for me? I think one invovled tape and glue the other a kind of harness. Thanks!

The She-Wee does not appear to be made for diving. It is not attached to your bottom, and therefore will spill and leak quite substantially if you try to urinate in a dry suit with this device.

The She-P has a flange around the funnel that is glued (medical spray adhesive) and taped (medical tape) to your bottom to minimize spill. It's not perfect, and you will probably still need to wear a diaper to contain leaks. But I am not aware of any other option for an external urinary catheter for women for use in dry suits.

Are diapers a bad option ? Seems pretty foolproof to me . But I am not a woman, so please forgive my ignorance.

Are diapers a bad option ? Seems pretty foolproof to me . But I am not a woman, so please forgive my ignorance.

Would YOU be willing to wear diapers and spend your dive in stinky, soggy diapers?

Diapers are a viable option, but why use diapers alone when there is a better way?

The She-P works very well, although there is a learning curve, and like the condom catheters for men, there are occasional leaks. It's still MUCH better than holding one's urine or swimming in a wet diaper. It's very handy for days on boats, or for teaching, or for long cave dives :)

Can't imagine diapers would be wetter than a leaky catheter. Seems a lot less trouble than glueing yourself in tricky places.

it may be less trouble for you, and you're free to do what you like, but that was not the question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom