Pacific Tarn diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haven't heard of anyone diving Pacific Tarn, but it is outside of recreational altitude limits. The highest I have been, or anyone I know has been is Turquoise Lake which sits right at the limit of 10,000 ft. You may want to try posting this the Rocky Mountain Oysters main forum to see if any tech divers have been higher.

On a side note, it does sound like a fun adventure, but a Sherpa might be required to get gear up there.

A brief look made be believe it is accessible via ATV, which would make a nice surface interval for the first 24hours. Thought I did post to the RMO forum but I'll double check, thanks!

Have you ever been that high? I got ill just camping at 10,000 ft in Colorado once, had to go below for a few hours. You might get some suggestions on the Tech Diving forum.

Camped above 10k numerous times and have done 6 14ers

havent dove above 3k yet
Acclimation would certainly help, I'd think. It was my first time, and - I think I only took beer for the weekend. :silly: I've learned better.

Dr.Deco is an expert in aviation & nitrogen loading, formerly with NASA. He'd be a good resource. Take a medic, satellite phone, oxygen, a good film crew, and see what Guinness wants. :thumb:

And having been up there several times, I can promise you there is no ATV access and even with a day pack (under 10 pounds) it is a full day for those of us who live above 9000 feet. Also it's only about 20 feet deep at peak runoff when snow is still on the ground which would make the hike in even harder.

And if you were thinking that the atv access was from the SE which is the least steep, that headwall is near 50 degrees steep for about 200 feet.

Hey Codiak,

Before I moved out of Colorado (8 years ago) I was planning on diving it. I may be moving back to Boulder this summer and would be delighted to plan and execute this dive with you.

Do not listen to the naysayers! :D
8th Element altitude conversion tool. I'd want to do this with a good EAN O2 mix.

When I get set up in Colorado I'll give you a shout. Let's do it.

glenn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom