Packetsniffer / Jackson Blue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firstly many thanks to Dweyant for everything you had to do for Richard and your words here

for the others here, i hope my question isnt out of place so please slap me down if i need it

never dived in caves (have zero plans to do so) so im guessing the 1500+ft comments are the length into the cave system but what actually is the depth the divers would be diving once in the caves

im not asking to question the dive at all, just curious to understand more

many thanks

In this cave the depth would be in the 90 to 110' depth range. Richard and I did several dives in this particular cave during our Meg class.

Rigdiver, nice to see you following this thread. You've been in my thoughts since I spoke to you on Saturday. You know how to reach me if you need to. I was going to post that photo of the three of us from class if you haven't done it already somewhere else.

firstly many thanks to Dweyant for everything you had to do for Richard and your words here

for the others here, i hope my question isnt out of place so please slap me down if i need it

never dived in caves (have zero plans to do so) so im guessing the 1500+ft comments are the length into the cave system but what actually is the depth the divers would be diving once in the caves

im not asking to question the dive at all, just curious to understand more

many thanks

Max depth in JB is 98'. The depth varies from the mid 60s to the mid 90s throughout most of the cave's main passage past 250' in. This incident occurred near the 3rd T, about 2000' back in the system. The depth at the 3rd T is about 80' and it slopes down to the Rabbit Hole which bottoms out at about 95'. Just inside the Rabbit Hole, where Richard started exhibiting problems, it is about 90' deep and because of the restriction, the flow is very significant.

I have done swim dives back to 2500' feet several times when the flow was down. My farthest swim penetration was 2700'. I've also scootered back to 2500' and swam another 1000-1500' from there after dropping the scooter. These are common dives in this system.

Max depth in JB is 98'. The depth varies from the mid 60s to the mid 90s throughout most of the cave's main passage past 250' in. This incident occurred near the 3rd T, about 2000' back in the system. The depth at the 3rd T is about 80' and it slopes down to the Rabbit Hole which bottoms out at about 95'. Just inside the Rabbit Hole, where Richard started exhibiting problems, it is about 90' deep and because of the restriction, the flow is very significant.

I have done swim dives back to 2500' feet several times when the flow was down. My farthest swim penetration was 2700'. I've also scootered back to 2500' and swam another 1000-1500' from there after dropping the scooter. These are common dives in this system.

Thanks Rob, that is completly correct.

Richard and I had done this dive a number of times, both swiming and scootering. It was a section of the cave we where both very familiar with.

-Dan

Wow,
I am a bit late to chime in but did have the privilege to get Richard on some Great Lake dives & dive with him it was my first time to have a re breather diver on my boat and was impressed with his skills as he drove in late to my Door County Wisconsin vacation home and started the rebreather set up,I watched to the we morning hours as I finally crashed,
The next morning a pal arrived and we set out to do a massive weekend of diving,The E.R.Williams off Poverty Island & Poverty Island wreck,then to the Ocean wave the next day and one other wreck site.
Richard to me seemed a very good diver and enjoyed the Lake Michigan sites we toured-even thou his dry suit leaked and Re breather had to work on manual do to some glitch all dives were done and he had a great time-
His loss is my second dive pal in the past several years and I hope some answers can be found as to me a open circuit diver there are some nuances to diving a re breather.
God Bless,
Brad Ingersoll

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom