Padi advanced open water manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tom041959

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hope this is in the right forum. Anyhow is the padi adventures in diving manual used for the advanced open water class :idk:Thanks for help.

Hope this is in the right forum. Anyhow is the padi adventures in diving manual used for the advanced open water class :idk:Thanks for help.

Yes, it is. I have heard that was the original name for the course. (It would also be a more accurate description)

Thanks jmneill, Thats what i thought just wanted to make sure .My wife and I are taking the class in the key's next week. I just wanted to double check. Thanks again Tom.

Thanks jmneill, Thats what i thought just wanted to make sure .My wife and I are taking the class in the key's next week. I just wanted to double check. Thanks again Tom.

No problem. Enjoy the Keys, great place to do the course.

I had the same question and I had to double check with my instructor to make sure he gave me the right book! The title did seem misleading.

Each of the "dives" that are described in the book are called an "Adventure Dive". Hence the title, "Adventures in Diving". Complete three of the "Adventure Dives" and you earn an Adventure Diver certificate. Five "Adventure Dives", two of which must be Deep and Nav, gets you the Advanced Open Water Diver.

The "Adventure Dive" as described and completed in the Adventures in Diving Manual are the exact same dive and knowledge development as the first dive of any of the corresponding Specialty.

Last edited:
You do the knowledge Reviews for the 5 dives you'll do and discuss them. I did them all anyway out of interest and just for something to do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom