PADI AOW Requirements/Options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So my GF is going to do her AOW. She already has sign off's for her deep dive and Night dive. My question, after reading some of the comments here, is does she actually have to purchase a book? From what I can tell from the website PADI now has eLearning for AOW. So, if she does the eLearning book part, how does that jive with the shop making her do chapters applicable to the adventure dive she's going to do?? I sure don't want to pay twice for the book portion, and she would prefer not to spend precious vacation time doing bookwork. Thanks :)

Greg

If the eLearning option is taken, then sh wouldn't have to purchase the Adventures in Diving manual.

She would need to complete the relevant sections of the eLearning (depending on the dives she will be doing), and bring a print-out with her to the instructor to show she had completed them.

Any decent instructor would then do a quick review of the relevant topics (anybody could complete it for someone else) before undertaking the dives. It is a PADI standard to assess a student before undertaking training

I love online stuff a lot, but for some reason, I kick into old fashioned with 'school' type stuff. You can do it online, but I like having that book in hand a) so I feel like I got something for my money, and b) it's easier to take with you sometimes then a device and the internet.. Plus I dont know if you get access to the online 'book' forever or not.. So any classes I take will be with a book in hand, if there is a book for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom