Padi Cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sarahboo

Reaction score
Hi all.
Not sure this is right place to ask but......
Just got my new padi specialty cards through and the diver numbers were different - then check my OW and AOW cards and they are also different.
Is this normal?
Thanks for reading
Sarah

sarahboo once bubbled...
Hi all.
Not sure this is right place to ask but......
Just got my new padi specialty cards through and the diver numbers were different - then check my OW and AOW cards and they are also different.
Is this normal?
Thanks for reading
Sarah

All your training on the non-professional side will have a different number.

When you become a professional, all the professional training has the same number - just the designation e.g. Divemaster, Instructor etc changes.

I asked the same question when I got my second and third cards, divinggal is right, you don't get a personal number until you go professional.

sarahboo

At the risk of sounding boring - it would be a good idea for you to make a note of the registration numbers for each of your cards in your diver training log.

Should you ever lose those cards it will make things a whole lot easier to obtain replacements from PADI if you can quote the registration numbers.

Best regards.

Thats a good suggestion, and there is an easy way to do it, create a PADI profile on the PADI website and you can store your numbers there so if you need replacement cards you can just click a button.

I got married 5 years ago and changed my name - and even though I put my latest cert number into Padi's site, they only came up with my Nitrox cert under my married name - they had all my other certs under my maiden name.... So the name is what they go by.

Make sure for your certs you use the same name (meaning if you usually go by your middle name, don't use your full name for one cert, and your "preferred" name for another). Don't use your real middle initial for one cert, and your maiden name initial for another one... etc...

I called them, and after I faxed over the paperwork to prove the name change, they updated the site, and all of the certs were together - so I was able to order a replacement card for my Rescue cert in my married name online by sending in a digital picture. Got it within a week.

SarahBoo,

The most important cards you will ever need are these:

1) basic nitrox
2) rescue
3) 1st Aid & CPR
4) O2 provider

Once you get all of those, then you can become a PADI Divemaster, and from then on, your PADI Divemaster I/D number will continue with you after that, even if you become a PADI instructor, or the highest level, which is PADI Course Director.

Good luck in all of your diving!

The numbers tell you when you received your certification, i.e. the first four numbers are the month and year in which you received the certification from PADI. The rest of the numbers are specific to that single file. This is for recreational certifications.

Professional designations all have the same number.

Good suggestions above to keep a separate record (even photocopy) in case of loss. Sometimes not a bad idea to keep a photocopy in your dive bag, especially on vacations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom