PADI Cavern Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you know for a fact this has been done? I would be very surprised to know this actually happened without a PIC envelope and the instructor's signature.

Jim

Yes, Padi did this to me. with an advanced student. He did a few dives with me was a danger to him and everyone else in the water. I told hime what he needexd to do, we set up dates to dive he never showed. After a year I gave up on him. A while after that on my bday I got a call from PADI s qa. asked why I had not sent in this guys pic. I told him that he never finished and told of how many times he never showed.The guy from padi said well I have 5 logs with your signature. sometime after that a guy from FSU ADP asked why I certed this guy AOW, it was a shock to me. This guy is the only guy with a card with my name on it that did not earn it, I hope he doesnt kill someone. I have not renewed with PADI because of this. The QA guy was rude and was acting like I was screwing some guy over. Where the guy just signed my name on a couple of logs and got a card.

Yes, Padi did this to me. with an advanced student. He did a few dives with me was a danger to him and everyone else in the water. I told hime what he needexd to do, we set up dates to dive he never showed. After a year I gave up on him. A while after that on my bday I got a call from PADI s qa. asked why I had not sent in this guys pic. I told him that he never finished and told of how many times he never showed.The guy from padi said well I have 5 logs with your signature. sometime after that a guy from FSU ADP asked why I certed this guy AOW, it was a shock to me. This guy is the only guy with a card with my name on it that did not earn it, I hope he doesnt kill someone. I have not renewed with PADI because of this. The QA guy was rude and was acting like I was screwing some guy over. Where the guy just signed my name on a couple of logs and got a card.

Yikes, some QA process!! Do you think I can get a DSAT Tech Deep card the same way :lotsalove:

Funny you would think it would be training and diver safety.

Silly rabbit...tricks are for kids.

I dont not hold a padi cavern in the same light as cavern card from any other agency. I make it clear that if the diver does n't have the skills to standard the dive is starting over. there are still a few padi cavern instructors out there who only had to get intro to cave. Becareful of who you take it from and shop around. The only benifit of taking a Padi Cavern if you dont pass, just sign his or her name on four dive logs and send them to padi QA they will give you a card with the instructors name on it with little fuss.

I am no instructor as of yet, but I do know about liability! If I were you, I would be taking action towards PADI for that. Anything that has your name on it, you are responsible for! If PADI is placing your name on students certifications after you have already failed them from the course, that is not only reckless, it's illegal!

The PADI cavern course is accepted everywhere. The issue is instructors, not the course. It's far easier to become a PADI cavern instructor than it is to become an NSS-CDS or NACD cavern instructor. But it's not just PADI. There are other agencies that make it as easy to become a cavern instructor as PADI does. As for moving beyond cavern, most instructors will do an evaluation dive prior to beginning a continuing course if the previous course was conducted by another instructor unless they know the other instructor and are familiar with the quality of instruction being given.

What I have heard from some parties is that a PADI instructor only needs 20 dives to become a cavern instructor,while some of the agencies require an institute and co-teaching. This is a reason why some instructors won't accept PADI cavern card.

If I had it to do over I would take cavern through NSS or NACD.I had an excellent cavern instructor[PADI] who was only intro to cave.18 is their minimum age so my daughter took NACD cavern at 16.I dove both days with the class and the skills and training were the same.Everyone I talked too then and now have had no problem with Padi,for continuing on to cave,as long as you can perform the skills and look good in the water.If you were a Padi cavern instructor before they changed the requirements,you are grandfathered in and dont need to be full cave to teach cavern.Its possible to get a lackluster class through any agency,but I would put more into the cave agencies,again I had a great Padi instrutor myself,but there not all created equal.

I am no instructor as of yet, but I do know about liability! If I were you, I would be taking action towards PADI for that. Anything that has your name on it, you are responsible for! If PADI is placing your name on students certifications after you have already failed them from the course, that is not only reckless, it's illegal!

I am sending a contract out today, as I do every year about this time, to Whiterspoon insurance. I guess I should call Somebody and complain but I just dont care anymore, I have seen they are just interested in turning out numbers and taking in money. I am not sure it is illegal, I bet I signed something in the fine print saying they have the ablility to do what every they want with my name. If anything ever happens I never signed a pic. And I have a few witnesses to call on, I have tought about it. It will be on PADI's soul if he takes someone else out with him.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom