PADI Does Revoke Certifications

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tracy appears to have been quite effective. An upcoming issue of The Undersea Journal will likely include an update (Quality Management Statistics).

I think, given the allegation made here and elsewhere, about this instructor's activities, it might be fair to say that 'professional conduct' would be drawn into question. However, without any legal cases proven against them, or corroborating evidence supplied to PADI from other students via questionnaire, then I suspect it'd be a case of 'innocent until proven guilty'.

I certainly hope that PADI wouldn't take action against a member on the basis of internet forum allegations alone.

I think, given the allegation made here and elsewhere, about this instructor's activities, it might be fair to say that 'professional conduct' would be drawn into question. However, without any legal cases proven against them, or corroborating evidence supplied to PADI from other students via questionnaire, then I suspect it'd be a case of 'innocent until proven guilty'.

I certainly hope that PADI wouldn't take action against a member on the basis of internet forum allegations alone.

This case runs deeper than what is posted on any forum.

This case runs deeper than what is posted on any forum.

I'm sure it does... but how much does PADI know about? How much can be proven? And what other steps are being taken against the individual?

PADI got sent a nice long email from other people who had issues with her. This isn't an incident of a simple mistake. It's deliberate and intentional fraud. When things started getting hot she left the country to go work on a diveboat in the carribean I think.

For the board legal beagles, does an agent relationship exist between PADI and its instructors?

PADI got sent a nice long email from other people who had issues with her. This isn't an incident of a simple mistake. It's deliberate and intentional fraud. When things started getting hot she left the country to go work on a diveboat in the carribean I think.

Couldn't this instructor just do a cross-over to another agency before PADI has time to really do anything? I am just asking out of curiosity mostly. I would be surprised if agencies update each other when they take action or revoke someone's instructor status. Please tell me I am wrong.

Couldn't this instructor just do a cross-over to another agency before PADI has time to really do anything? I am just asking out of curiosity mostly. I would be surprised if agencies update each other when they take action or revoke someone's instructor status. Please tell me I am wrong.

I can't say for sure, but I would think they would check. It would certainly not be hard to do.

I am thinking right now of a NAUI instructor who was expelled from that agency. He is currently keeping his scuba dreams alive by teaching for an agency he created himself and of which he is the only member. Its address is a vacant lot. He is regularly reported as a scam. I would think that if he could have crossed over to a legitimate agency he would have done so long ago.

I am a HS Teacher and a standard question on applications is whether you are under investigation for .... If you are and lie, it is submitting a false statement on your application and gives the person you lied to legal cover grounds for dismissal /revocation. if she is under formal investigation NAUI or any other agency would get an out. They might probably do a cursory cross check to make sure (an opportunity hit the register, I would think). Some of the instructors here can probably answer that. In general I would assume they leave themselves a million back doors out of liability.

I quess one of the reason I asked was because for me I have cards from several agencies and I don't think that they check each other. In fact, I don't think I have more then one card from the same agency (it just worked out that way). At best, I had to show a card in order to take a class and in some cases I didn't have to do even that (rescue being an example-I did not have to provide proof of anything but CPR and Adv were required). I could have easily taken a class without having the pre reqs.

Of course I am not an instructor nor hold any 'pro cards' so they may handle things differently at that level (one would assume anyway)

Good to know. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom