Padi EFR and DAN O2 provider

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

badgers

Contributor
Reaction score
has anyone taken either of these courses and if so, what was your impression?
What was covered?
thanks

I took the Dan DEMP which included 02 provider, I was very satisfied with the course.

thank you

Your welcome! I hope you find the o2 course your looking for.

The Dan DEMP course is well worth it if you can find an instructor!

I have done Naui Adv Rescue, ASHI First Aid, DAN 02 provider & marine life injuries.

I cant say anything about Padi EFR, but if it is anything like the other Padi coruses, you would do better not doing it.

But the DAN coruses are great, but to get the most out of them, you really need a first aid cert, so you can get full training on CPR etc

I'm an EFR instructor and a Red Cross instructor. Personally, I recommend Red Cross. They offer a more comprehensive course than EFR does. If you're going to do it for the Rescue prereq, then take the CPR for the Professional Rescuer. You'll learn a lot more than in the basic EFR course. I've heard that EFR may be expanding their courses, but if that happens, it won't be for another couple of years.

I don't know about the DAN O2 course, but I also teach the Red Cross O2 course, which is a great course. Of course, being a scuba instructor, I do put the scuba slant into my courses. :D

spankey:
I cant say anything about Padi EFR, but if it is anything like the other Padi coruses, you would do better not doing it.

The Emergency First Response Primary Care and Secondary Care courses are designed to teach someone how to provide basic effective emergency care to ill or injured people. The classes follow ILCOR (International Liason Committee on Resuscitation)standards.

The DAN Oxygen First Aid for Scuba Diving Injuries, Advanced Oxygen First Aid for Scuba Diving Injuries, First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life Injuries, and Automated External Defibrilators for Scuba Diving are excellent classes, but they are complimentary to a CPR/first aid class, not replacements.

I have taken all of the above classes. I recommend them all - although there is no reason to take the Advanced O2 class unless you plan to buy or have access to a manually triggered ventilator or bag valve mask. The purpose of this class is to teach you to use these items. They are generally not part of typical O2 first aid set-ups. I have also taken Red Cross Community First Aid, Wilderness First Aid and had first aid training in the military so I feel like I have some basis for comparison.

YMMV,

Jackie

Back
Top Bottom