PADI newest class offering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please refrain from the typical name slamming....do a search if that is your desire, you will find other threads chocked full......but please not here. Thanks

You can't be serious

"Dive Light Diver"

Yes I currently teach this, the goal is to train the diver in the proper handling care and how to safely dive with a canister style dive light. it is a 2 day course the first day covers charging, maintenance, and how to carry it properly. the 2nd day is 1 confined water dive and 2 open water dives to a max depth of 38fsw.

I'm reporting you to PADI (Professional Association of Dive Illuminators) and NAUI (National Association of Underwater Illumination) for a standards violation because everyone knows that Can Light Diver is a three day course with a minimum of 4 OW dives.

Unless you're referring to GUE's DIR-F course (Dive Illumination is Really Fun) but even that has been broken out into three levels, with the new Light 1 course which can only be completed in two days at the sole discretion of the instructor.

To have an "SMB Diver" course really sounds like a shop that has too many customers with more money than good sense.

Its got some merit here where 100% of ocean dives end with a diver sending up a delayed SMB and ascending under that for the boat to fetch them. Especially given the high and rising number of incidents and rapid ascents directly caused by people failing this skill.

Id like to see it in the core course for PADI though rather than optional as its definitely NOT optional use here. BSAC do teach it as core.

I agree though there are a large number of completely ridiculous distinctive speciality but the only stupid person is the one paying for them NOT the guy making money off writing them.

...but the only stupid person is the one paying for them NOT the guy making money off writing them.

Agreed - a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place.

Interesting link...I had not seen this before....not looking though, thanks for the link.

It's not a complete list.... I've got a distinctive specialty "Self Reliant Diver", based in part on the SDI solo diver course, which isn't listed.

Someone could actually do my course in sidemount if you wanted to, as it's pretty flexible in terms of definitions of redundant equipment.

It also requires deploying a DSMB on every open water dive.

Back
Top Bottom