Padi or Naui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My husband has done Padi, Naui, and SSI. He said he liked all the instructors. He liked the program and the training he got at SSI the most.

I have seen many bubbles but I have never seen an agency logo on an exhaled bubble. Once underwater a diver is a diver regardless of what agency is in the wallet. It is the instructor that makes the difference. All agencies are very close to the same program.

I like both PADI and NAUI... for me... I liked my NAUI courses much more simply because the instructors are more free to teach "extra material" relating specifically to where you will be diving...

Like beach entry, whereas PADI seems to be "more by the book"

Both are excellent and will teach you what you need to know to begin your diving adventures.

:D good luck

i think Drew and Devilfish have both got it right: it's the quality of the instructor that counts. Go with one who inspires confidence and who is patently focussed on the need to teach you to dive safely.

I originally got certified from Padi, Naui , Acuc . I currently teach PADI.

Want and easy , standardized system of learing with state of the art training materials - GO PADI

Want a real challenge go Naui.

Watch a few instructors teach.If you like thier style and appear to be good , go with that instructor regardless of agency.

It only really matters if you decide one day to teach scuba , but that is another discussion.

Ron

My husband chose YMCA for us because they are unaffiliated with any shop & have no stake in the price of equipment you buy. As a bonus, Y instructors often offer PADI and/or NAUI certification also.

If they are not affiliated with any shop how do you get gear :wink:

Actually, I am a freelance instructor not really affiliated with any any shop other than my own identity known as Adventure Sports.

I am on the instructor roster at one store should they want me to to teach (and do frequently).

I will council anybody on their purchase of gear from any store should they so choose.

After diving for 22 years I am probably the oldest diver in the area that has not stoped since getting certified and have seen several stores come and go as well as equipment.

Ron

I'd go with PADI simply b/c it's bigger and that means more,closer dive shops but with agencies guess what IT DOESN'T MATTER b/c it's all about the instructer and I have seen in my experinces that PADI inscrutors are better and PADI students are more experenced and overall better divers.Just my opinion.

Originally posted by jtl01
I'd go with PADI simply b/c it's bigger and that means more,closer dive shops but with agencies guess what IT DOESN'T MATTER b/c it's all about the instructer and I have seen in my experinces that PADI inscrutors are better and PADI students are more experenced and overall better divers.Just my opinion.

If in your experience PADI instructors are better, How many instructors from other agencies have you trained under??

PADI students are more experienced????????????
Do they magicaly get to dive more than divers from other agencies???? or how is it that they get "more experienced"????overall better divers?????????? I don't see any reason why they would be better than anyone else!!!!!

BTW my $$ goes with NAUI and SSI.

Tavi that's just me ok I'm just saying all PADI trained ppl I know are genarally better divers.
I don't know why it just seems to me that all the NAUI/SSI (more NAUI than SSI in this case) just screw up more.
like I know some NAUI guys,and last week one of them having only a OW cert. went down to 110 ft!!!!!!! and he went into a cave having a OW CERT.
Listen,this is me,just my experiences ok so cool your jets just go by the instructor not the agencies.

Sheesh.:lurk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom