Padi or Naui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Caving without training or supervision?
Stupidity runs in people, not agencies.
It's not if they were PADI or NAUI.
There are just some people that don't understand that dead is dead, and yes it can happen to them!

What hit me the wrong way is that you sound like the owner/instuctors at one of the shops here. They do not get my business.

They say things like........

"If you haven't trained with us you really don't know how to dive."

"You will come back here for training."

"We are the best"

in response to asking about Steel Tanks and Din valves.... "Why would anybody want to dive with those?"

Just because some PADI instructor tells me or you that PADI is better, doesn't mean they are.

Cool my jets?
In order to make a statement that one thing is better than another, you need to make a comparison. you can't compare an apple to an orange if you've never seen or had an orange.

If your training is PADI that's great. But don't say PADI is better than NAUI unless you've got some comparisons. What do they do better or different in PADI training than they do in NAUI training?

If you don't know, then don't make statements like that.

:peace:

By the way... welcome to the boards!

NAUI :)

Once again. I teach PADI because that is in demand in my area.

NAUI provides better OW information and training.Is more difficult to learn. 20 years ago my NAUI Advanced cert was equivalent to PADI Divemaster.

Note : This unbiased opinion is from a PADI Instructor.

If NAUI was popular here , I would teach Naui. Agencies do not matter in the beginning.If you wish to teach choose your agency accordingly.

Ron

Geez tavi I was only talking about people just me just the people I know. Sheesh I wasn't really talking about agencies as much as I was trying to make a statement about people. That statement was PEOPLE ARE STUPID and I was only saying he's from NAUI THAT'S ALL.

If you are certified by NAUI can you dive at those PADI resorts??
It seems like they are all over the place:balloon: , and I have not notice any NAUI resort.......

Originally posted by SoyaBean
If you are certified by NAUI can you dive at those PADI resorts??

If your driver's license is from NY can you drive in NJ?

I usually dive locally, so I am no expert on resorts, BUT when I was in Grand Cayman, I stayed at a PADI resort & I carry a NAUI & YMCA card. When they checked us in, they just wanted to see a C-card. The NAUI resort was just down the road.

:mean:
I have been diving since 89, and got certified with SSI. To me they are the best, very personnal, very concerned with your needs and worries, and they give you all the time need for you to get comfortable in the water and with the gear.

:mean: Rich

My wife and I were recently certified for OW under SSI and had a great instructor. At the same shop there was another instructor, who we did our checkout dives with, that we could not stand. Since getting our certs we have been diving with a group from a PADI diveshop and like those guys as well. We are in the process of getting both PADI and SSI advanced OW certs. For us it was all about the instructors. From what we have seen and read most of the OW certs cover the same information, how it is taught and your comfort level with the insrtuctor is what really matters. If you are not comfortable with the person teaching you probably will not learn. Forget about which agency is issuing the card. Visit a couple of diveshops and talk to the instructors. Find one you like who knows what they are doing and go with that person and whatever agency they are affiliated with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom