PADI Solo Course?

PADI Solo?

• PADI will never offer a SOLO course.

Votes: 28 35.9%
  • PADI will offer a SOLO course within 3 years.

Votes: 28 35.9%
  • PADI will offer a SOLO course after 1014.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I don't want PADI to offer a SOLO course.

Votes: 23 29.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it ever happens, it will be a long way away.

PADI has said "never" many times and later changed its mind, but I don't see it here. Swimming against the tide (nitrox) or being shut out from a lucrative market (tec diving) is one thing. Being able to teach one extra speciality? Just not enough upside.

PADI isn't shut out of the Tec Market. They have their DSAT programs -> Course - Discover Tec

PADI isn't shut out of the Tec Market. They have their DSAT programs -> Course - Discover Tec

Rumor is that will change.

But anyway...

Much of the "tech" world is similarly opposed to solo diving. If you think PADI has taken a strong stand against it, check out GUE and UTD.

I have asked PADI about authoring a Distinctive Specialty Solo Diver course, either as a PADI course or as a DSAT course. In either case, they said that such Distinctive Specialty outlines are never approved. Perhaps some day...

max

I have asked PADI about authoring a Distinctive Specialty Solo Diver course, either as a PADI course or as a DSAT course. In either case, they said that such Distinctive Specialty outlines are never approved. Perhaps some day...

max

try again without actually using the word "solo", and focussing more on the "buddy system breaksdown temporarily"...

Rumor is that will change.

But anyway...

Much of the "tech" world is similarly opposed to solo diving. If you think PADI has taken a strong stand against it, check out GUE and UTD.

At DEMA, PADI was talking about new and MORE Tec classes.

max
May want to talk with AndyNZ(?). If I'm not mistaken he had a 'Self Reliant' specialty approved

At DEMA, PADI was talking about new and MORE Tec classes.

Yes--I think that was what I was referring to. I think what will change is the DSAT part.

I am confused--it looks like we are saying the same thing now. I thought you said PADI was shut out of tech.

May want to talk with AndyNZ(?). If I'm not mistaken he had a 'Self Reliant' specialty approved

From my understanding of his plans, self-reliant and solo are not the same thing.

Yes--I think that was what I was referring to. I think what will change is the DSAT part.

I am confused--it looks like we are saying the same thing now. I thought you said PADI was shut out of tech.

I was replying to Colin saying that PADI IS in the Tec market, and as you mentioned, they'll be taking a more aggressive approach to that market as well.

I was replying to Colin saying that PADI IS in the Tec market, and as you mentioned, they'll be taking a more aggressive approach to that market as well.

OK, I figured it out. I simply misread your first post. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom