PADI tables finally going away?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i stand corrected for mistating "table" for algorithm i prefer navy tables i carry both navy and padi. that said there only so many algorithms that can be used the human body is only able to withstand so much. there is a limit no matter what algorithm you use.

now that being said how many different pdc makers use how many different algorithms for each model? now take that and use say 8 divers each with a different pdc , now take all 8 divers to a set depth and time ,after the time has reached it's limit all 8 divers make a safe ascent ,take all 8 pdc's and compare the information ,how many variations will you have? now if you repeat that using one table you will all have the same result what gets me is someone stating that because his/her pdc took a dump the dive is over is silly. why is the dive over? did his/her brain stop working? how hard is it to look at your analog package and watch/bottom timer? if and when my pdc crapsout the only thing i want to know is how much is this going to cost to fix?i have as of yet to see a set of tables crapout.

Perhaps the move to CAD was ill advised, as pencils and T-squares can't crash like computers. Paper documents can't become corrupted, fail to open or fail to print.

! , . ' ; : ? a A b B c C d D e E f F g G h H etc.....and finally the Hard Return (otherwise known as ENTER)

i stand corrected
Dude, we get it that you like your tables. But your arguments are kinda lame.

What happens when you put those 8 divers on 8 different tables? They all have different NDLs now.

Now, go do a multi-level dive with your tables. I want to do a multilevel Ean32 dive to 100, 80, and 40 fsw, then another multilevel EAN36 dive to 80, 60 and 40 fsw. I want to use O2 on my safety stops. Tell me what your Navy tables are telling you to do here. They were never made to accommodate this level of diving. They might not "break", but they surely won't work in this situation.

Now please, you still haven't told me how you dive when your depth gauge or your watch fails you. Please share with us how you are going to continue that dive. Don't hold back now... this is the third time I have asked, and you just remain SILENT. We are waiting.

Thats when you have a computer as well as depth gague and timer (computers tend to have both of their own)?
If the computer fail and you have no clue about tables, depth gague and timer doesnt help too much, but if the depth gauge or timer fail and you still have a working computer..

I believe in redundancy....gotta keep safe after all :wink:

12comps-test.jpg

If the computer fail and you have no clue about tables, depth gague and timer doesnt help too much,
I disagree. If you had planned your dive before you splashed, then you would know depth/time limits already. If your PDC craps out, there is no need to panic unless you have the memory of a slug. It's happened to me before, so I know it works!

Of course, you won't get the benefit of multi-level diving, but you can still dive. I do.

if the watch pukes i'll let my partner know and continue ..if the depth gage pukes i'll let my partner know and continue if he wants to call it then we call it ...as far as 8 guys diving mixed tables ain't going to happen ..that would of been resolved in the pre dive plan .if i'm diving ean ...then i'll be using ean tables

Ah, so you will dive in EXACTLY the same way I would dive a PDC that craps out: sponge off my buddy! Enough said.

You have still yet to include multi-level diving and the O2 in your plan. Can you please elucidate or is this something simply not covered by your tables? You seem to believe that you can do anything with your tables that I can do with my PDC.

Does this mean I have to use my NAUI tables now?:wink:

It means you can buy up all the PADI tables for pennies, then when the computers go belly up, you can scalp them for a big profit!:dollar::D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom