padi vs naui dive master certs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JCKCSYCMD once bubbled...

E-Zombie,
Thanks for the post...looking forward to some of the reactive comments. :mean:

None from me, the two agencies that I am certified to dive with aren't PADI or NAUI and I know very little about them except for reputation. I have seen too many excellent PADI instructors to bash PADI, in spite of the bad press. So I am neutral in that debate.

Bill,

that should read: Rescue Certification (They omitted AOWD on Page 2.112 in the S&P) then you can attend the PREP course.

and then the Master Diver exam (as you pointed out, not necessary if you are already a MSD) and MSD SHOULD be a prerequisite to entering an ITC but it looks like that was left OUT in the S&P unless my eyes decieve me. (MSD required in 2.77 S&P), DM (MSD also omitted in 2.82 S&P) , and ITC (MSD OMITTED in p 2.92 S&P- HUH?? they didn't make MSD a pre req here). Gives me a headache everytime I ask myself, why not make MSD a prereq BEFORE PREP, litterally make MSD a pre req across the board for all leadership courses. Oh does this ever need to be ratified!

uggh, my eyes hurt after tossing through all those pages.

-Dennis

BILLB once bubbled...

If you are AOW with Advance Scuba Rescue you can become a NAUI instructor without directly qualifing as an AI or DM. Take an Instructor prep course course first then pass the Master Diver (not require if you are a Master Diver) examine to qualify to start an Instructor Training Course (ITC). The water skills required for DM or AI are still the same if this path is chosen.

With AI, DM or Instructor a minimum number of logged dives are required depending on which path you take.

Back
Top Bottom