PADI vs NAUI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the end it's not just which agency the young man goes with, but what he DOES once he becomes an Instructor. Will he continue his education, or simply be stuck in basic Instructor mode?

Dive operations are looking for people who can do more than just teach open water courses. The more skills a person has, the more MARKETABLE they are, it's as simple as that. This even applies to people who operate as independent Instructors.

In addition, people who teach only a few basic courses get burned out very quickly.

I have seen people collect cards from various agencies: NAUI, PADI, SSI, you name it. But in the end they are still only basic level Instructors. To me it's like saying you have a licence to drive a Chevy or a Ford or a Mazda. So what? Now, if you tell me you PROGRESSED from diving a car to stock cars then Formula 1.. well, THAT'S something else altogether.

~SubMariner~

Thank you for all your replies. I was looking in the wrong place and didn't realize so many of you had responded. This is such a great forum, I truely appreciate ALL of your input andI can't wait to pass this information on to my son. Dive on!

Back
Top Bottom